Upvote 0

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
What's the difference on your dumps of halves?
Either way someone might get your dumps, therefore I don't see the difference/harm dumping either way?

Please share your thoughts on this. Thanks
If you re-roll them you have to re-roll them. When you dump in machine it is way quicker. Worst part of coin roll hunting is dumping. Who wants to spend time re-rolling?

Keep on Searching
Dad and Tanner

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The banks that sell me boxes of halves do not want them back. That is the condition for them ordering them. To dump, I have accounts at two credit unions with numerous branches where I can dump in coin machines at no charge. One of those credit unions uses machines with bags, but they will not sell the bags - thanks to past CRH'ers complaining about being a few coins short. The other credit union has gone almost entirely to Coinstar machines, my preference because there are no bags to change out and they also occasionally give up a silver coin in the reject tray. Every situation is different and you follow both the policies and customs of your own area.

Last edited:

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
You are correct, when I walk into any new bank or branch of a bank asking for halves I will buy all, knowing full well it may be from someone dumping their already searched coins. Doesn't matter, I got them out of that bank and had a chance to maybe find a missed silver coin. Sometimes that is the case, others not. I really wish there was coin machines here that would tank them, but at 3% charge like it is here, not going to pay to dump my coins. So they go back to a bank I have dumped at for years. And yes they have to be rolled and in a box for them to take them. So I insert them back into the same roll they came in minus the top as I slice it off making it easier for me to extract the coins and then reroll them.

OP
OP
J

Johnny5

Feb 19, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelabs CTX 3030, Excalibur and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bring my pick up bank chocolates about 4 times a year, it's worth the forty dollars to me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread