Bucket lister not on my bucket list - unbelievable

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still thinking i'm gonna wake up, lol!!!

Background: I hit up about 4 banks on my way to work this morning and a teller had one roll of halves - that's it. I was walking out of the bank and checked one end of the roll and saw a bicentennial so figured same old same old. I got into the car and opened it and this is what i saw

asds 4.jpg

I was pretty stoked, lots of silver in there! Then i saw that unusually large coin at the other end. Here is what i found

asdasdf 2.jpg asdfasd.jpg

Seriously!?!?!?! An 1835 Capped Bust Half Dollar?!?!?! No way right! I honestly just started laughing because it just didn't seem real. The rim reads Fifty cents or Half a Dollar. it passes the eye test, but i'll get it checked out.

Here's what else was in the roll

asdadf 3.jpg

Like the post title reads - this is a bucket lister... but for someone who metal detects on the east cost :laughing7: I've hit a lot of great finds CRHing, but never would I have thought that i would have found a Capped Bust half. Total luck, right place right time!

Happy Hunting everyone, thanks for looking!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Zomotion

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mind blown! Would love to see this on the banner as well. Great find!!

Didn't realize you poked around this forum Washingtonian! Love seeing what you pull out of the ground, and always good to see local guys dig good stuff up!

OP
OP
Zomotion

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
our life blood ----- is stupid people.........
guess public schools aren't teaching useful skills-- bask in the glory-- WINNING:tchest::icon_thumleft::icon_thumright:

At about 35 years of age I realized that "people are basically stupid." The sooner in life one realizes that, the better one's life can be.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
holy moley --and I thought my wife was lucky when she pulled a franklin and a walker back to back in a roll once --

CJ9

Dec 15, 2018
NYC area
Primary Interest:
Other
I am speechless - wow!! Congratulations.

Even though it is only February, it gets my vote for the find of the year (if not for the next 2 or 3 years)

I still can't believe it.

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Congrats on joining an elite club. Not many ever are granted membership as you know the diameter is slightly larger than other half dollars. I have a few in my collection but have never pulled one from the wild in my 40 years of hunting. If my memory serves correct, MountainMan is the only other on this board that has pulled one from the wild.

I had a teller hand me one once, that was a surprise. It had a hole through the 18 making it a 35! That was a strange day, I also got a handful of proof silver Ikes from another teller. You never know what will appear while out CRHing.

Maine Jim

Buchsy

Oct 14, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
This is why we do what we do - Amazing find! Last I recall someone else found one in a bag besides those who already reported on this thread.

OP
OP
Zomotion

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am speechless - wow!! Congratulations.

Even though it is only February, it gets my vote for the find of the year (if not for the next 2 or 3 years)

I still can't believe it.

Thanks CJ!!

OP
OP
Zomotion

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a teller hand me one once, that was a surprise. It had a hole through the 18 making it a 35! That was a strange day, I also got a handful of proof silver Ikes from another teller. You never know what will appear while out CRHing.

Maine Jim

Ain't that the truth!!!

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on that amazing find. When I search halves, I never think such a find is even possible - especially since the diameter is so much larger. Gotta love those rare CWRs (all I get for CWRs are the dumps of other CRHers).

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
The only seated bust dime I found was back in July 2015 in a MWR box of dimes from one of my branch banks. Too bad it has a gouge in the shield, see pic:
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1582665878.335270.jpg
Just goes to show it does happen, not often or frequently, but it happens.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Holy Moly. That’s pride darn nice. Congratulations :icon_thumright:

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City