Bucket lister not on my bucket list - unbelievable

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still thinking i'm gonna wake up, lol!!!

Background: I hit up about 4 banks on my way to work this morning and a teller had one roll of halves - that's it. I was walking out of the bank and checked one end of the roll and saw a bicentennial so figured same old same old. I got into the car and opened it and this is what i saw

asds 4.jpg

I was pretty stoked, lots of silver in there! Then i saw that unusually large coin at the other end. Here is what i found

asdasdf 2.jpg asdfasd.jpg

Seriously!?!?!?! An 1835 Capped Bust Half Dollar?!?!?! No way right! I honestly just started laughing because it just didn't seem real. The rim reads Fifty cents or Half a Dollar. it passes the eye test, but i'll get it checked out.

Here's what else was in the roll

asdadf 3.jpg

Like the post title reads - this is a bucket lister... but for someone who metal detects on the east cost :laughing7: I've hit a lot of great finds CRHing, but never would I have thought that i would have found a Capped Bust half. Total luck, right place right time!

Happy Hunting everyone, thanks for looking!

Upvote 0

Zep11in

Feb 22, 2019
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000D, Whites MX5, Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRAZY! That is awesome. Makes me wanna go get some..CONGRATS!!!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I've never voted Banner on a CRH thread.

In this case, it's well deserved! Congratulations!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Banner either this was your lucky day or that teller really likes you. Awesome hope you dont wake up from that dream lol. My turn next

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Congrats on joining an elite club. Not many ever are granted membership as you know the diameter is slightly larger than other half dollars. I have a few in my collection but have never pulled one from the wild in my 40 years of hunting. If my memory serves correct, MountainMan is the only other on this board that has pulled one from the wild.

I hope you can appreciate the tradition of not voting banner for CRH'ing finds. It is a worthy find, but no sense in having traditions if one doesn't adhere to them.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is incredible!! Congrats:occasion14:

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
our life blood ----- is stupid people.........
guess public schools aren't teaching useful skills-- bask in the glory-- WINNING:tchest::icon_thumleft::icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Zomotion

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on joining an elite club. Not many ever are granted membership as you know the diameter is slightly larger than other half dollars. I have a few in my collection but have never pulled one from the wild in my 40 years of hunting. If my memory serves correct, MountainMan is the only other on this board that has pulled one from the wild.

I hope you can appreciate the tradition of not voting banner for CRH'ing finds. It is a worthy find, but no sense in having traditions if one doesn't adhere to them.

Hey Diver Down, yes the diameter is slightly large - i'll search that thread for MountainMan see what i come up with

On the banner - i certainly appreciate the tradition. I completely understand. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Zomotion

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Hey Diver Down, yes the diameter is slightly large - i'll search that thread for MountainMan see what i come up with

On the banner - i certainly appreciate the tradition. I completely understand. :icon_thumleft:

You've been here long enough to understand the tradition. It is most definitely worth a nomination, but take the consolation that you have been granted membership in an elite club that many won't ever join. I think MountainMan pulled his from a teller tray a few years ago.

JJDEMARAY

Mar 18, 2011
Minnesota

I pulled one out of a box in 2012. Was doing great quantity at that time (35 boxes a week). The good old days.

HH, JJ

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
At least you gained membership in the BUST CLUB, that very few of us have earned.
CONGRATS on a great find. Finding a Barber is usually Rare, but a Bust coin which is a generation before Barbers is F A N T A S T I C., and with full Liberty showing. Keep this one in your book of dreams and refer to it often to pick up your spirits. I dream about my 98-silver dime box, and my 10-rolls of silver halves (less 2-clad) ALL THE TIME.
Great find, and a big CONGRATS again, but don't tell the tellers at that bank, just a little treat to that one teller.

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Welcome to the club! Zomotion - I’m glad you found that. Very, very cool.

this one is 1830 in case the picture is too fuzzy. Found April 15, 2017

Attachments

• 8B96C6D5-0DEB-456C-A40C-DD33182A6F73.png
    8B96C6D5-0DEB-456C-A40C-DD33182A6F73.png
    365.5 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
OP
OP
Zomotion

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the club! Zomotion - I’m glad you found that. Very, very cool.

this one is 1830 in case the picture is too fuzzy. Found April 15, 2017

That's awesome, hope to get my son into the hobby some day... He's 3 :tongue3:

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I would grade this coin as VF+. Great looking coin when pic is blown up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread