It pays to count-out when rerolling.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
When I do my dimes, I plan out ahead of time if the MWR boxes that I am going to check, going to be dumped into a coin counter, or if rerolling to just rim check and reinsert into a new roll.
Yesterday I picked up 3-boxes, first two were going to be dumped into a coin counter ( hope the total is near $500 less any silver that I may have removed.
The third MWR box I had planned to manually reroll since it was destined for a branch that takes rolled coin. I noticed very quickly that some of the rolls appeared overstuffed by 1-2-3 coins, and these were MWR dimes. Started to count out each roll as I was rerolling, net gain was $2.30 just from one box. I think what I will do in the future is quickly SCALE WEIGH a 50-count roll/with wrapper and find a standard weight. Be able to check accuracy of the coin processor's machines. Found only 1-silver, BUT also made $2.30, paid for the gas. We normally assume machines are right, yea right, GO FIGURE.
When I check CWR I usually manually count back for accuracy.

Upvote 0

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
114 grams is nominal for dimes. over 114.5= possible :dontknow:???silver, under 114= a stinkin' sailboat:BangHead:

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
It's astounding how many "off" machine rolls I find. Sometimes short, sometimes long.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread