Why I go to coin shops

TheJaker

Feb 22, 2020
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi! This is my first real post. I know many people disappoint when coin shops are mentioned, but I only go to look through a bin of coins they have. The bin has coins as old as 1816! And only 4 coins per dollar. That is my only reason. They do have other bins occupying different things which I do look through every once in a while. Today I went there and got several old coins. I did by a Morgan dollar for 19$ (Unfair price) but just for the fun of it.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
TheJaker

TheJaker

Feb 22, 2020
Primary Interest:
Other
$19 for the Morgan was not a bad price. Wha’d else you get?

A 1900 British half penny, a 1878 diez centavos ( which I dropped and had to replace ), a dateless coin, a 1897 British penny, and a 1967 good conditioned British penny

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a bad day I love collecting coins I sometimes over pay and other times find some good deals but its my Collection and its fun .Welcome to tnet Tommy

Rosco53

Mar 17, 2018
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV (hobby lobby 40% off ;-) )
Primary Interest:
Other
Try coin shows, if you have any in your area. I go there and can usually find some good oldies and foreign ones for relatively cheap... I've had some luck at Flea Markets too. Just try not to get caught up in it though, I bought an "ancient roman" coin that turned out to be 1600's Poland.

Johnny5

Feb 19, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelabs CTX 3030, Excalibur and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be careful as there are fake looking silver dollars. I once almost got hood winked in Singapore with fake silver dollars (boy did they look real).

OP
OP
TheJaker

TheJaker

Feb 22, 2020
Primary Interest:
Other
I have my eye out for all of those

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions