Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to tnet! When the courier delivers boxes to your bank branches, they go into the vault. Six boxes might take up more room than they have room for. One of my branches can only order me one box per week. Another branch can order no more than two boxes. Both branches order boxes with the agreement that i will not return them to their location (for dumping, I have two credit unions with several branches).

I think you are better off with your current situation because when you pick up your boxes and ask if they have any customer wrapped rolls (CWR) or loose halves, you have three times as many possibilities. And for some folks here, that has been a better way to find silver than in the boxes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Stacker62

Feb 28, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank You for your reply Megalodon, that makes sense. I was kind of thinking the same thing but wanted to make sure. Happy hunting ;)

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're welcome, Stacker62. There is at least one additional reason to use multiple pick-up branches. I pick up from three branches of two different banks. One of the two branches at one bank called me this week to tell me they were unable to order a box for me because another customer dumped a box on them. When someone uses your pick-up bank as a dump bank for their re-rolled rejects, the bank may not order additional boxes, since technically, they already have a box there (but one that I don't want, or as they said "you don't want these"). The teller told me the bank would incur a charge if it exchanged one box for another. I wonder if that is why some CRHers report that their banks started charging them a fee for boxes. So if this customer makes a habit of dumping rejects at this one branch, I will lose that branch as a pick-up location. But at least i have other branches to use.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Stacker62

Feb 28, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're welcome, Stacker62. There is at least one additional reason to use multiple pick-up branches. I pick up from three branches of two different banks. One of the two branches at one bank called me this week to tell me they were unable to order a box for me because another customer dumped a box on them. When someone uses your pick-up bank as a dump bank for their re-rolled rejects, the bank may not order additional boxes, since technically, they already have a box there (but one that I don't want, or as they said "you don't want these"). The teller told me the bank would incur a charge if it exchanged one box for another. I wonder if that is why some CRHers report that their banks started charging them a fee for boxes. So if this customer makes a habit of dumping rejects at this one branch, I will lose that branch as a pick-up location. But at least i have other branches to use.

I am very fortunate because the boxes I always get are ordered and sealed from Loomis. I have never encountered this problem luckily. With that said, one of my branches forgot to order my 1/2's this week so I ended up with 4 boxes instead of 6. I was also told it was ok if I wanted to dump coins at those locations as well no problem. All the banks I use have coin sorters....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread