Year end DIME results for 2019

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Finally got around to posting my 2019 yearly totals on my dimes, as:
Total boxes 355 (any bags during the year considered as 4-boxes)
Found: 391 Rosies 87.1% , 58 Mercs 12.9%. TTL 449

Avg per box 1.26/box. 32.5 oz silver (.07234 per x 449)

Not as big as my earlier years since my cutback of searching, but I still enjoy the HUNT. I don't consider myself as a big game hunter as some of you others out there., but I do it to pass the time away, and have a hobby that I've been into since the '60's., and as a "poor man's investment" with its UPS & Downs.
Enjoy reading all your postings BIG or Small. It's still out there, only to be searched out in some fashionable way. Keep it up.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are the dime master! You searched nearly a box/day on average. Did you record the number of skunk boxes or your longest skunk box streak? Any rare date Mercs?

OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
You are the dime master! You searched nearly a box/day on average. Did you record the number of skunk boxes or your longest skunk box streak? Any rare date Mercs?

I've got the # of skunk boxes, but need to retrieve them again from another list. I don't keep tabs of my longest skunk streak, I bet maybe 5-6 boxes the most. No rare Merc dates.

Last edited:

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got the # of skunk boxes, but need to retrieve them again from another list. I don't keep tabs of my longest skunk streak, I bet maybe 5-6 boxes the most. No rare Merc dates.

For 355 or so boxes, a skunk streak of only 5 or 6 is remarkable - that is, to me! My first 17 dime boxes were all skunks. After that, I told my tellers that if i ever ask for dime boxes again, to please just slap me instead.

OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

Skunk boxes: of the 355 boxes, 124 were SKUNKS or 35%. Not a very impressive ratio to brag about, but who looks at the bad side of things.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread