Very unusual DIME box.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Picked up 4 dime boxes Sat, processed two boxes last night with a small score as : 3 (2-Rosie & 1-Merc), and the second box as 1-merc.
Checked the third box this afternoon with very good but unusual results., pulled 7-Rosies which was a real surprise. But what really was the surprise, was at the bottom of the box was 5 LOOSE DIMES. A gimme for sure, BUT one of those dimes was a Silver Rosie. I've heard of Enders, saw them, had them, but NEVER at the bottom of the box.
Being the month of March with St.Patricks Day soon, I'm not Irish, so don't say "Luck of the Irish". HH, DozerD

Upvote 0

Sleepy Holow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Expanding Operations
Detector(s) used
Never used one, but am interested
Primary Interest:
Other
I come across loose dimes in a box about twice a week. Probably the most I've seen in a box is three. Never had one of 'em be a silver though. Cool! My best guess is the sorting center employees throw them in there to make the box weight "correct". :dontknow:

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Was the box with paper rolls or the plastic? If it was the latter, the dimes that were loose could very be from the rolls where they came loose.

OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Was the box with paper rolls or the plastic? If it was the latter, the dimes that were loose could very be from the rolls where they came loose.

The box was the SOLID no holes on top., paper rolls. All the rolls were intact with NO damaged ends. My gain from both ends, 5 loose dimes, and one being Silver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread