Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
My family doesn't want me getting any coins until the scare is past. boxes are probably ok because the virus should be dead due to the time turn around.
buying bags off the counter or CWR's you don't know who dumped the coins and I have read that the virus can last 3-7 days on surfaces so "do you feel lucky"
I wonder if it is worth it for a few silver times or halves. AT THE SAME TIME people as they get desperate for money for food when they are not allowed to work my start dumping good stuff!!!

I was thinking you could get the bag and spray the outside of it and then let it sit a couple weeks before opening...

what are people thinking?

Upvote 0

Johnny5

Feb 19, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelabs CTX 3030, Excalibur and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Just snagged the last 2 boxes for the foreseeable future. Went yesterday to grab them, but the courier didn't come yet and they were running low so they couldn't spare any until the courier came. Went today and as I was standing in line, the bank manager was opening a parcel that had just arrived. They were signs apologizing for a closure. Get up to the teller and asked for 2 boxes and she was unsure if they had enough. Bank manager came around the counter and explained that the courier didn't bring any coin yesterday. Me and him share the same name, and I said, "You're killing me, Ken". He said let him double check. Their "vault" isn't but a glorified wall cabinet safe. The real vault holds the safe deposit boxes. He had to lie down on his belly and discovered 2 boxes buried in the back. I claimed them expecting the closure by this weekend. I'm going to hit up the other branches tomorrow just in case so I can stockpile some boxes.

Johnny5

Feb 19, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelabs CTX 3030, Excalibur and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you get lucky, who knows how long they had those two boxes, especially if he had to lie down on his belly. Maybe there's a stack of 100's lurking around.....lol.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Hope you get lucky, who knows how long they had those two boxes, especially if he had to lie down on his belly. Maybe there's a stack of 100's lurking around.....lol.

Funny you say that, because the teller earlier had said she no longer had big bills remaining. Bank policy is that 2 people must go into the "vault". After he was crawling on his belly, she came out with stacks of bricks of 100's. Of course, I'm sure there was no error in accounting of the bricks of cash.

Stacker62

Feb 28, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My family doesn't want me getting any coins until the scare is past. boxes are probably ok because the virus should be dead due to the time turn around.
buying bags off the counter or CWR's you don't know who dumped the coins and I have read that the virus can last 3-7 days on surfaces so "do you feel lucky"
I wonder if it is worth it for a few silver times or halves. AT THE SAME TIME people as they get desperate for money for food when they are not allowed to work my start dumping good stuff!!!

I was thinking you could get the bag and spray the outside of it and then let it sit a couple weeks before opening...

what are people thinking?

I have two boxes coming tomorrow and two coming on Friday. It will probably be my last boxes for awhile but I will call and check with the banks I'm dealing with to see next week. A few of the banks in the surrounding towns have closed to foot traffic and are drive up and ATM only. One bank told me they would order for me and hand them to me a few rolls at a time through the window if possible :)

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hung up my spurs some time back and have not been seeking coins. Now the banks are closed. I think CRHing will be difficult for some time. I did have a nice score last week. I was cashing a check and joking around I asked the teller " Did you ever get those half dollars I always ask about?"
Her face lit up and she said " I did! I have been saving them for you."
I thought she was joking until she laid $250 on me. I got 10 90% and 30 40%. Great last accidental score.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread