200th W Quarter

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found my 200th West Point quarter yesterday.
Was sitting on top of the pile of quarters in the cash register drawer at work.
Can’t wait for everything to normalize so I can hit the boxes again!
Happy hunting everyone.
BB
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1587146492.919455.jpg

Upvote 0

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing I havent found even one and I bought tons of quarter rolls. Thats awesome Have you found any of the second batch of 5 quarters that were supposed to come out ??? Stay safe out there my friend.....Tommy

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Nice save, BB. What is the design?

Tommy, the 2020 W's have only hit with the first release on 4/8 of Wier's Farm. The American Samoa bat coins won't have a W until the end of the year.

Rosco53

Mar 17, 2018
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV (hobby lobby 40% off ;-) )
Primary Interest:
Other
Great find. Maybe once the banks re-open I'll try my hand at another bag, still haven't found a single W...

OP
OP
baddbluff

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
#200 was a River of No Return coin.
Today I got my first box in the last month... - I found another 2 Ws - RofNR & Amer Memorial.
I would love to snag a new 2020 box. I guess they are releasing the first 2 new quarters together- people are already finding a bunch.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
#200 was a River of No Return coin.
Today I got my first box in the last month... - I found another 2 Ws - RofNR & Amer Memorial.
I would love to snag a new 2020 box. I guess they are releasing the first 2 new quarters together- people are already finding a bunch.

The news from the US Mint was that the American Samoa W's would not be available until the end of the year despite the P/D mints release. The Wier's Farm was released on 4/8 and they should definitely be out to the public. I still haven't found a River of No Return or San Antonio. I'm going to try to pick up some boxes this morning, but I'll likely have to wait till Monday due to the restricted hours. Pre-Covid, they had Saturday morning hours, but I'm not sure if they do now. I got too busy yesterday and missed hitting the bank. Either way, I plan on loading up on some boxes from different branches in the hope of finding a fresh brick from the Fed. I was fortunate last year. The W Quarter hunt has actually made hunting interesting for me, again. Been in the hunt for over 40 years, and it has become a grind.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Was able to grab two boxes this morning. Not new releases and the tellers said they hadn't seen any come in. I suspect with the decrease in demand due to the businesses shut down that in some areas, the new releases might not make it down the pipeline by the expected release dates.

No matter. Scored a 2019 W WiP out of the first 5 rolls. I have to pace the boxes so they last until Monday.

OP
OP
baddbluff

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Mint decided to NOT hold off on releasing the Amer Samoa Ws - if you go on You Tube you will see people have already found lots of them.

Roll Hunting Family

Apr 14, 2020
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, I think the vast majority of the 2020-Ws are going to take a long time to make it into circulation. With so much of American retail shut down right now, there's very little circulation of coins happening. Federal reserve branch banks apparently ship out circulated coins first, and uncirculated coins only when they run out of circulated.

I picked up 4 boxes of quarters yesterday from Wells Fargo. All four are circulated.

Barrydang

Sep 2, 2019
alabama
Detector(s) used
minelab, fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I checked registers as much as I could at work all last year i just finally got one a 2020 w no less day before release congrats on 200.

Roll Hunting Family

Apr 14, 2020
Primary Interest:
Other
On average, I've been finding a bit less than one "W" per box. I've got 6 AMP, 5 San Antonio Missions, one WiP and one RoNR... Frustratingly, I have not found a single Lowell. I've probably seen well over 500 of the buggers with P/D mintmarks, though.

Fingers crossed for quarter boxes to start coming in uncirculated, but I dunno. I still haven't seen any 2020 bat quarters yet. I wonder if I need to try a new bank. I've gotten a box of uncirculated 2019 pennies from my bank before, but no other denomination. With 90% of retail shops closed right now, the mint must be sitting on some seriously big piles of pennies/nickels/dimes/quarters that aren't needed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread