Gotta love it

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Went hunting today. Found a bank with $900 in the vault and the teller had another $20. Out comes the sealed FED box then another with the top tore off for the $400. I immediately spot the 6 silver ends- was really hard to go back to work with all that silver showin in ME truck. So after I got home I did the openned box first. Out of 40 rolls, 34 had at least one silver- almost a dajavu. Total was 119 40%ers and 2 BU '63 Bens. Check this out.
DSCN1303.jpg

Generally good boxes don't get delivered together so when I cut the top and didn't see silver ends I wasn't too surprised. I have a new routine- I cut one side of the top open and check, I then close the flap and flip the box over and lift the bottom off the rolls- this is the only thing of interest I found.
DSCN1309.jpg

saved that roll for last. First roll, a BU Ben- this is gonna be good. All in all I got 17 of them shiny Bens and only one 40%er out of the second box. Here's a pic.
DSCN1311_edited.jpg

Also on my excursion I picked up $100 worth of someones rolled dumps- out of that I got one '69 with a clad lookin edge. So todays total was 19 Bens and 121 40%ers for a total of 24.7673 ozt. though I think the BU Bens are worth more than melt. HH everyone, Mark

Upvote 0

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
Mark, don't you need an agent or partner ? You are having the kind of luck only LJ can appreciate. Keep up the good work.Jim

OP
OP
Silver Stripe

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Re: Gotta love it/ and take the good with the bad

Hey Jim, You send the Grubstake, and I'll send ya your cut haha.
Onto today- Picked up $390 hand rolls. Got one 40%er and two $20 rolls each of 2007 P's & D's- only room in ME Dansco book for one coin each. You know ME, I'm gonna dump em unless someone's got a better idea. Next picked up two boxes I had ordered. First box I got one '64 and one '65. Second box stinker. Sure will be glad when Loomis runs out of halves again here and has to reup at the FED- hopefully right after the college takes their weekly $3500 in dumps. That is where the good ones are coming from- I been orderin so many boxes here that Loomis is diggin deep stocking up and somehow the good ones are delivered first then I have to wade through the crap boxes till they reup again. Sometime this month they're gonna get deep enough in that pallet to hook ME up with a Barber.
See it ain't all roses- but as is said "You can't win if you don't play". HH all, Mark

OP
OP
Silver Stripe

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Goldarn gone and done it again. 2 boxes, first 40 and 5, second 70 and 1. And thats all I got to say about that LOL. HH Mark
DSCN1327_edited.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread