Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Jun 2004
    44 times

Search to find ratio

Which coin denominations seem to produce the majority of the keepers? I just completed my first Half Dollar box. I will post the results later.

us
    Feb 2007
    SW Wisconsin
    Whites XLT
    29 times

Re: Search to find ratio

I don't have accurate ratios, but halves produce the most silver, then dimes, and last is quarters. Halves can be very good or very bad but overall produce the best. 1-2 silver dimes per box is about average. Silver quarters are few and far between. Wheat cents and pre 1960 nickels are found at a rate of maybe a dozen or so per box on average.

I hope this helps and good luck hunting.

Dec 2006
    Twin Cities, MN
    Garrett Ace 250
    132 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: Search to find ratio

Quote Originally Posted by Fropa
    I don't have accurate ratios, but halves produce the most silver, then dimes, and last is quarters. Halves can be very good or very bad but overall produce the best. 1-2 silver dimes per box is about average. Silver quarters are few and far between. Wheat cents and pre 1960 nickels are found at a rate of maybe a dozen or so per box on average.

I hope this helps and good luck hunting.
    pre-1960 nickels are about 24 a box and wheaties seem to vary somewhat by area, around here I average between 8 and 12 per box depending on the source.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links