Coin "shortage"

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
. I told her I'd buy the ugly one. She was confused, but she didn't ask questions.

Don't EVER do that. reason? Exactly what you said. She was confused. If she then asks someone after you leave why someone would want an ugly half dollar, maybe someone tells her about silver, and next time there will be no ugly one in her drawer.

instead, take all three. Hey, it's $1.50. But then you are just taking them because you like halves, and nothing more, and she is not confused NOR inquisitive. Make sense? Can't get them asking questions. Gotta be smart about it.

Good luck toyou. Take them all though. Every time.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't EVER do that. reason? Exactly what you said. She was confused. If she then asks someone after you leave why someone would want an ugly half dollar, maybe someone tells her about silver, and next time there will be no ugly one in her drawer.

instead, take all three. Hey, it's $1.50. But then you are just taking them because you like halves, and nothing more, and she is not confused NOR inquisitive. Make sense? Can't get them asking questions. Gotta be smart about it.

Good luck toyou. Take them all though. Every time.
I feel the same about gifting tellers, it’s one of the fastest ways to see your silver dry up.

Roll Hunting Family

Apr 14, 2020
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, I think you're right... I kind of thought I was doing it wrong at the time, too. Good to know.

But on the plus side, I finally talked to the regional manager this morning, and he's got me back to getting orders for 2 boxes of halves per week. Fingers crossed on that. Thank goodness someone in a position of authority was able to be sensible. There's a coin shortage, but there's certainly not a half dollar shortage!

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bought a roll of pennies & a roll of nickels today---- that's all, folks:BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions