Get $5 Bonus per $100 of Dump - Regional
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mountainman 2
  • 1 Post By Roll Hunting Family

Thread: Get $5 Bonus per $100 of Dump - Regional

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #1

    Sep 2012
    706
    543 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Get $5 Bonus per $100 of Dump - Regional

    In SE Wisconsin, a regional bank will pay you $105 for each $100 fv of coin.

    https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/19/us/co...rnd/index.html

  2. #2
    Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2008
    St. Augustine, FL
    4,328
    1953 times
    Quote Originally Posted by LooseChange View Post
    In SE Wisconsin, a regional bank will pay you $105 for each $100 fv of coin.

    https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/19/us/co...rnd/index.html
    It reminds me of back in the 70's when banks would give full credit for short rolls. Any incentive to turn in coin.

  3. #3
    us
    Mar 2018
    Bryant, WI
    Tracker IV (hobby lobby 40% off ;-) )
    666
    1601 times
    CRH, hockey cards
    I'm tempted to try to turn in my $50 in canadian cents

  4. #4
    us
    ebay "ulster-relic"

    Dec 2012
    port ewen ny
    AT-PRO
    3,864
    7542 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosco53 View Post
    I'm tempted to try to turn in my $50 in canadian cents

  5. #5
    us
    Feb 2010
    Missouri
    2,773
    2060 times
    You WI are going to profit way more from dumping than the AG. $10k in halves is worth $10,500 Wow.

  6. #6

    Apr 2020
    34
    32 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by LooseChange View Post
    In SE Wisconsin, a regional bank will pay you $105 for each $100 fv of coin.

    https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/19/us/co...rnd/index.html
    I saw that in the news last week. I believe there's a bank in Arizona doing the same thing. Just waiting for a bank in my neck of the woods to start doing this, and fingers crossed that they'll give bonus funds for depositing halves. I suspect they won't, given that they're still ordering boxes of halves for me at no charge...

  7. #7

    Dec 2006
    Twin Cities, MN
    Garrett Ace 250
    2,499
    189 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    For those in TX, the bonuses look like 10%...everything is bigger in TX.

    https://gvwire.com/2020/07/15/as-coi...-small-change/

  8. #8
    us
    R.I.P. Rich Hartford

    Aug 2006
    Extreme Northern NJ
    whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX
    1,870
    526 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Time to bring in those bucketfulls of copper cents
    Greastart likes this.

  9. #9

    Apr 2020
    34
    32 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainman 2 View Post
    Time to bring in those bucketfulls of copper cents
    Not unless the bounty is 2 for 1.

  10. #10
    Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2008
    St. Augustine, FL
    4,328
    1953 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Roll Hunting Family View Post
    Not unless the bounty is 2 for 1.
    Let me know when you sell a copper cent for $.02/each. It is nice and theory to say they are worth that much, but they are only worth what someone will pay.

  11. #11

    Apr 2020
    34
    32 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Diver_Down View Post
    Let me know when you sell a copper cent for $.02/each. It is nice and theory to say they are worth that much, but they are only worth what someone will pay.
    I'm well aware... But the penny cannot live forever! Sooner or later, currency reforms are coming. And I'd argue that Coronavirus will accelerate the abandonment of the penny. And when that day comes... Me and my bucket of 97.5% copper will reap a cool hundred dollars in profit! Muahahahah!
    Greastart likes this.

  12. #12
    Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2008
    St. Augustine, FL
    4,328
    1953 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Roll Hunting Family View Post
    I'm well aware... But the penny cannot live forever! Sooner or later, currency reforms are coming. And I'd argue that Coronavirus will accelerate the abandonment of the penny. And when that day comes... Me and my bucket of 97.5% copper will reap a cool hundred dollars in profit! Muahahahah!
    Good luck with that. I hope you can squeeze more than hundred out of the bucket. Sitting on bricks of copper for decades was one of the worst hedges I ever made. I was glad to unload them a few years ago. And while I did make a profit over the face value, I would have been better off in buying some junk silver and flipping it during that tenure. It certainly would have taken up less space.

  13. #13

    Apr 2020
    34
    32 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Diver_Down View Post
    Good luck with that. I hope you can squeeze more than hundred out of the bucket. Sitting on bricks of copper for decades was one of the worst hedges I ever made. I was glad to unload them a few years ago. And while I did make a profit over the face value, I would have been better off in buying some junk silver and flipping it during that tenure. It certainly would have taken up less space.
    This hobby has extremely little to do with my finances. I mean, if this were just about the money, I'd be better off working at McDonalds than spending all this time looking through coins. I search pennies, I find a few wheaties per thousand, and pulling out the coppers gives me something fun to do with the rest of them. Hell, if it became legal to melt pennies tomorrow, I'm not even sure I WOULD sell them... There's probably more than $100 in sentimental value in them at this point.

    Even when I find several 90% silver half dollars, it's not like I run to the bullion store and sell them. I'm just stacking them up, and I'm not sure when (or if) I'll ever sell them, unless the world really goes to seed in a way I'm not anticipating.

 

 

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: Sep 28, 2016, 07:35 PM
  2. quick dump of $200 pays me a nice reject tray bonus
    By port ewen ace in forum Coin Roll Hunting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Sep 02, 2016, 06:30 PM
  3. U.S. Half Cents: Regional?
    By Isaac in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Jun 17, 2015, 06:54 AM
  4. Regional Tellers??
    By Infowarrior in forum Coin Roll Hunting
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: Feb 23, 2013, 05:58 PM
  5. Can you detect Regional parks?
    By neil1218 in forum Treasure Hunting Legal Issues
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Feb 06, 2013, 10:03 PM
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0