Still locked down - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Still locked down

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    dirtfishing
    3383 times
    silver surfing
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by TxAg View Post
    I took a voluntary severance package from my company 2 years ago at age 60. My advice would be to find a good financial advisor (if you haven’t already) and have him run models on what your retirement will look like over the next 40 years or so. The wife and I did that and continue to work with him making adjustments to the plan, particularly in light of CoVid-19 and the economy. One thing that has been a sore spot is the cost of medical coverage now that the wife and I are both retired. Thankfully, she went on Medicare 2 months ago at age 65, which significantly reduced her share of medical coverage. I still have a little over 2 years to go at a little under $600/month and it goes up every year. We’ll make it but that is a large expense every month for a High Deductible Health Plan! Best of luck to you!
    Agreed. I am working with an advisor at the moment. My insurance costs are going from about $450/mo. to $1,300/mo. (for 4). Many people planning retirement fail to take this into consideration.
    TxAg likes this.

us
    Aug 2012
    Massachusetts
    Whites, Garrett
    1100 times
    Gold Panning, Metal detecting, beach combing, shooting, photography, genealogy, gardening
    I have a good financial guy. I agree with the health care, we pay $500 a month plus Medicare because my wife wants to keep the Federal Blue Cross (she worked for the Feds for 37 years before retiring)

My bank with the coin counter that saves the half bags for me opens on Monday and I will have to have them watch the half bag. They call me when it fills and I will run right over
    TxAg likes this.
    Ferengi Rules of Acquisition

#59 "Free advice is seldom cheap"

#92 "Never confuse wisdom with luck"

2020 Totals: Halves: 12 40% 4 90%, Dimes: 23, Quarters: 0

2020 GOAL: 300 silver Currently 45/300

Boxes searched: Halves boxes 12, bags 0, CWR 0, loose 0 : Dimes boxes 0, bags 1, BWR 0, CWR 0 : Quarters boxes 1, bags 2, CWR 0

MILES Driven 225

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links