Silver price - when to sell?

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Silver going absolutely crazy this week! I can't believe it was only 4 months ago that I posted about the 103.5:1 ratio of silver to gold: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/coin-roll-hunting/629166-103-5-1-a.html#post6452706. Silver has gone up literally 50% since then!

I went back through my records to see how much silver I've found CRH'ing and how much I've purchased over the years, and was absolutely astounded to see that the vast majority I bought at around $14/ounce - 10x face value. I remember well when silver was at $35 and $40 an ounce, and higher, but now I'm tempted to take some profits. Probably won't, as I really want to get $5 per 40% half dollar, though I'll probably cave before then.

Does anybody have plans to sell silver or gold anytime soon?

Upvote 0

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah an income producing asset would be nice to come across if it happens that way and I would sell some in that case.
It's not the time for me to look into that, maybe closer to the bottom.
We havent seen the fallout or fire sales yet but they are coming. Whoop whoop!
I need a backhoe!

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Phil,
If Trump wins, there is talk of going back to a gold standard.
Things here in USA, might be priced in terms of gold soon.
Would be different, that’s for sure.

That won't happen. We gonna print more unsupported cash to cover all this stimulus.

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
That won't happen. We gonna print more unsupported cash to cover all this stimulus.

Garscale, I agree for now, but once the toilet paper is all used up, or nobody will take it anymore (worthless) we will have to go back to something of value for money. Either that, or we all will be living at camp fema or worse.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread