Run a way silver price ?????

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Any ideas on why silver has jumped so high these past few days, up to $25 this afternoon. Gold at $1939.oz
Is this our time to dump our silver stack, or wait a little longer?

Yes, I'm still around, but unable to get dime boxes from the banks.
Been doing some date sorting of my stack, etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't need the money, so why the heck should I sell? That's what keeps me sitting on it, and besides - with my Hunt Brothers era silver, it doesn't look like I will ever retrieve my losses. I've told my son where to look for it when I pass and he's the smarter of my three.

From this post and your prior one, it sounds like you’ve answered your question. If you’re in a position where you don’t have to sell and aren’t motivated to sell, then don’t. Everybody’s situation is different though so I figured that I’d post my experiences so that perhaps some members could learn and benefit from them.

I feel very fortunate that my wife and I were both able to remain employed and work from home during this %#^&*@ pandemic. I’m in no hurry to sell and won’t care one bit if my kids inherited my entire PM stash. Even if I decide to sell at some point in the future, the 40%ers and secondary market stuff would probably be the first stuff to go.

"Making predictions is difficult, especially about the future." - Danish proverb

If someone was motivated to sell right now and would be happy with their profit, then perhaps selling some would be a good idea. Or perhaps not. When I sold back in 2011 or 2012, silver was just under $30/oz. and I was happy with my profit. I didn't kick myself for not waiting a while longer and selling at the very top, when it hit $40/oz. for a brief time. With all of this uncertainty, I don't think that I'd ever sell all of my silver. It would have to hit crazy high prices ($100+ per ounce), and even then, I probably would still hold on to some stuff.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The market sees Biden winning; and the risks increasing, so gold goes up.
If the market sees Trump will win, gold will be sold and stocks will be purchased.
Other factors are involved, of course, but I think the main factor is the election.
Don.....

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I need a car, have two dead ones in the driveway. I just did the math, maybe I should sell it and get a new car...... Got some thinking to do.... I'd rather leave it to my kids, but I'd also rather have transportation....

Edit: I'm debt free and would prefer to keep it that way.

Last edited:

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It just hit over $26. What do you think would be better to get rid of , junk silver or bars. I’m sitting on a few thousand 40%ers.

If you're going to dump silver, dump it all......

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I would consider selling today at about $100-$150/oz.
The last time I sold was around 2012, several rolls of 40% halves that sat on Craigslist for a month with one inquiry and he bought the batch at 80% spot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread