Bag bonanzas!

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I picked up two quarters, a dime and a nickel yesterday and the teller asked "are you interested in wheat pennies?" She had a penny bag that showed wheats throughout. I would be a fool to turn down that, so I walked out with a penny bag as well. Of course, the bag has probably at least 200 wheats (I haven't finished yet) but I wanted to move on to dimes. They tend to be the best. Poured out the top of the bag and started plucking silver! Ended up with 100 on the nose, including two Canadian and eight Mercs! My hope is that one of the quarter bags will be similar.

Attachments

• IMG_3007.JPG
    IMG_3007.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 107
  • IMG_3008.JPG
    IMG_3008.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_3009.JPG
    IMG_3009.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 77
Upvote 0

Oquario79

Sep 5, 2015
NC/SC Border
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a nice score on the dimes. I've not CRHed for months. How you getting bags with all this coin shortage fiasco? My bank can't even sell me more than 6 rolls of dimes....

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Sweet cull of silver and what potentially sounds like a heft harvest of wheat. Keep us updated and I hope the quarter bag yields silver and at least a few West Pointers.

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Sweet cull of silver and what potentially sounds like a heft harvest of wheat. Keep us updated and I hope the quarter bag yields silver and at least a few West Pointers.

I pick up West Pointers just about every bag.

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
That is a nice score on the dimes. I've not CRHed for months. How you getting bags with all this coin shortage fiasco? My bank can't even sell me more than 6 rolls of dimes....

I stumbled on a friendly bank; I don't even have an account! Last week, I got a quarter and nickel, promising to return them rolled. Yesterday, I scored! Easy to dump since banks are short.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
I stumbled on a friendly bank; I don't even have an account! Last week, I got a quarter and nickel, promising to return them rolled. Yesterday, I scored! Easy to dump since banks are short.

Considering the coin shortage, that’s actually a pretty good idea!

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fact is banks even can't order coins-- a strict limit is killing this lucrative endeavor -- my plan for success is stymied-- again:BangHead::sad11::sad11::help::protest::protest::angry4:

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Most likely that when the coin shortage is over, and boxes & rolls start flowing again, most likely a lot of silver will also start showing up. Just like Xmas holiday silver. Hope we see it soon.

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Most likely that when the coin shortage is over, and boxes & rolls start flowing again, most likely a lot of silver will also start showing up. Just like Xmas holiday silver. Hope we see it soon.

Amen!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread