The sky is falling

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
So, do you think that was the big bull run?
Or, is this just a big August correction with a great opportunity to buy.
Personally I think the bull will run again.

We watched it languish in the teens for years. And in the last month, we witnessed what seemed like a new daily high. There was a pullback today, but it currently is still at $25/oz. It will continue to add value with small retractions here and there. Patience.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I hope that I can sell at $30 and not look back as "could-a , would-a, should-a". We may not see this level again, at least in my remaining lifetime (now 74). Sell while the iron is HOT.

Last edited:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
This is the third run I’ve seen since 1979. I doubt I would ever sell, would take at least $60-80 for me to take interest then I’d unload only scrap. Would have to reach $150 to equal 1979 price.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
"Would have to reach $150 to equal 1979 price." But there is a problem with that logic. If it went to $50 in 1979 as the high before coming down, that would be one thing. But it was MANIPULATED to that $50, in a VERy short period of time, through a massive cornering of the market that can't even HAPPEN today. it was not worth $50 in 1979, as much as it is not worth $150 today. IN the future, maybe, but not today.

Another way to put it ... Toilet paper was selling for $5 a ROLL for a week or so in March or April around around here, on craigslist. ANd some people PAID it, because they were desperate. But, if toilet paper, which is back to normal pricing now at what? 50 cents a roll? If it were to go up from where we are now to twice the price, people shouldn't say it is still undervalued because it sold at $5 a roll. that was a fake price, caused by a unique situation, and can't be used as a barometer of where a top should be. It was just artificial. As was the silver price when the Hunts did their dirty work.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
"Would have to reach $150 to equal 1979 price." But there is a problem with that logic. If it went to $50 in 1979 as the high before coming down, that would be one thing. But it was MANIPULATED to that $50, in a VERy short period of time, through a massive cornering of the market that can't even HAPPEN today. it was not worth $50 in 1979, as much as it is not worth $150 today. IN the future, maybe, but not today.

Another way to put it ... Toilet paper was selling for $5 a ROLL for a week or so in March or April around around here, on craigslist. ANd some people PAID it, because they were desperate. But, if toilet paper, which is back to normal pricing now at what? 50 cents a roll? If it were to go up from where we are now to twice the price, people shouldn't say it is still undervalued because it sold at $5 a roll. that was a fake price, caused by a unique situation, and can't be used as a barometer of where a top should be. It was just artificial. As was the silver price when the Hunts did their dirty work.
Agreed. Manipulation, just like the markets today, although my comment was based on the devaluation of the dollar, not rigged markets.

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was very happy for the temporary dip and used the opportunity to buy more physical and call options.

I'm not selling or trading bullion for anything until I see solid triple-digits/oz, and then only when I can trade up into good land and other income producing assets. At 33 I'll never save squat in fiat ever again and hope to use the silver hoard as both savings and multi-generational wealth to be passed down if I can hold onto it. At this moment i'm already up 5-figures (unrealized) on the cheap silver ETF calls I got earlier in Spring and which have until Dec/Jan to keep getting juicier. Fake garbage manipulated electronic/paper silver rehypothecated 100 to 1 is how I'm playing the game and profiting, the real stuff is extremely precious and stays buried away.

As to jrf30's very mainstream "approved" understanding of "the Hunts and their dirty work", the Hunts were longtime goldbugs and critics of fiat monetary policy, and merely realized that much more paper appeared to trade in the silver pit next to them than existed in reality, so they called the BS and stood for delivery on that too. That ain't manipulation, it was actually an attempt to destroy the metals manipulation which was obscuring the devaluation and destruction of our then 9-year-old unbacked fiat dollar! Most people are brainwashed with the bankster-supported mainstream narrative painting the hunts as somehow criminal, but they were almost the heroes we needed to help destroy the debt-fiat-slavery system. The Hunts were the good guys who lost, and the malevolent victors wrote the false history many apparently blindly adhere to.

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
I was very happy for the temporary dip and used the opportunity to buy more physical and call options.

I'm not selling or trading bullion for anything until I see solid triple-digits/oz, and then only when I can trade up into good land and other income producing assets. At 33 I'll never save squat in fiat ever again and hope to use the silver hoard as both savings and multi-generational wealth to be passed down if I can hold onto it. At this moment i'm already up 5-figures (unrealized) on the cheap silver ETF calls I got earlier in Spring and which have until Dec/Jan to keep getting juicier. Fake garbage manipulated electronic/paper silver rehypothecated 100 to 1 is how I'm playing the game and profiting, the real stuff is extremely precious and stays buried away.

BUY THE DIP! I did for sure. Bought gold call options after the fed announcement Thursday, and they printed hard on Friday. Was up 50% when I cashed out. If I had the balls I would be holding long call options on SLV and GLD (but taking note of the extremely high IV on SLV currently). In steady I am just stocking up with a few thousand physical ounces. Physical was trading at +1/oz wholesale a week ago, absolutely insane. This is a great opportunity to re-buy before the next leg up. I would not be surprised if we see $2300 gold and $40+ silver by the end of the year.

In march, SPY puts went from $0.06c each, to over $10 each. When the house of cards come tumbling down here after the election and when metals take their next leg up, there is going to be some serious money to be made by those who are prepared.

I'd also like to note the sporadic run of RH from 6k/oz in January to over 14k/oz in pre-covid march, to a short-term low of $3k/oz, now trading above 10k/oz. WOW.

Lastly, do not forget about our friend PT. One of the greatest and most undervalued assets right now. Lagging in the recent run up of metals, it is soon to play catch up. The manufacturing plants switched from Pd to Pt about a year ago. It takes 3-5 years for the line to completely make the switch. One they do, the demand will be flipped completely for Pt. Would not be surprised to see $2000/2500 pt in the next 3-4 years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread