I may have to reconsider the Christmas bonus!

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
One of my banks, just a few blocks away, has been ordering four boxes of halves weekly for me, and lately a box of dimes. I suspended orders in April because I had nowhere to dump! I was getting 13 boxes a week with all my orders. I got back on the horse last week with four boxes and one dime. I stopped in yesterday to see if they'd been able to order and they said yes, but only two boxes. When I pickup, I go back to the vault and carry out my boxes for them. Imagine my surprise when I saw six boxes of halves and two nickels. I know another guy orders four there occasionally, so I knew they were his. The teller who orders said, "We want to rotate between the two of you." Whatever. I was tempted to say, "I hope he remembers you at Christmas" but I resisted. I give all the girls there gift cards; last year, it was to the tune of $150, total. I guess two skunks is better than nothing but it left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth!

Upvote 0

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People are weird. Did you forge a relationship with a particular teller or they rotate? You may have caught them on an off day we like have them.

Cheers

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
People are weird. Did you forge a relationship with a particular teller or they rotate? You may have caught them on an off day we like have them.

Cheers

Nope, my regulars. The girl who orders got double everyone else at Christmas!

dibdab

Jan 8, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do the boxes have holes? Maybe get there first and peek for enders on all the boxes if they do ha

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
When I give gifts, it is to show appreciation for past actions. I don't give gifts with implied expectations for future actions.

And when I consider their gift this year, it will show appreciation for past actions.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread