Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Nationwide Coin & Bullion is selling 1 and 1 only gold coin at spot to new customers as an introductory offer.
I just bought a 1oz $50.00 gold eagle for $1945.00.
They are legit
(877)817-1220
Darn if they’d only offer buffalos at that price.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
I'm with FFD. That would be a true representation - offering 1oz .999 fine 24KT gold buffalo at spot. Getting a 1oz 22KT gold eagle isn't really "at spot" as it is 91% pure. Still a good deal with no premium over spot.

jailbirdjackson

May 5, 2016
Chicago, IL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diver_Down, how is the 1 oz gold eagle not at spot?
A buffalo and an eagle have the same amount of gold.
Are you saying .999 fine is superior to .91?
This is subjective, the question of which is superior.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Diver_Down, how is the 1 oz gold eagle not at spot?
A buffalo and an eagle have the same amount of gold.
Are you saying .999 fine is superior to .91?
This is subjective, the question of which is superior.

Give me .999 fine everyday. Same amount is equal. But purity (24K > 22K) is preferred. If you had the choice of holding the same amount silver, would you rather have a mountain of 40%'ers, a pile of 90%'ers, or a stack of ASE?

jailbirdjackson

May 5, 2016
Chicago, IL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Give me .999 fine everyday. Same amount is equal. But purity (24K > 22K) is preferred. If you had the choice of holding the same amount silver, would you rather have a mountain of 40%'ers, a pile of 90%'ers, or a stack of ASE?

Not everyone has the same preferences here. I like 22k for it's appearance and durability. Gold Eagle and Krugerrand are my favorites. I like 90% junk silver more than ASE's. You can touch them and look at them without worrying that one fingerprint will reduce the value.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Not everyone has the same preferences here. I like 22k for it's appearance and durability. Gold Eagle and Krugerrand are my favorites. I like 90% junk silver more than ASE's. You can touch them and look at them without worrying that one fingerprint will reduce the value.
Yeah I hear that. I hate it after a day on the hills bmx’ing and I forget I’ve got a half dozen gold buffs bouncing around in my pocket, doh! /s

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm with FFD. That would be a true representation - offering 1oz .999 fine 24KT gold buffalo at spot. Getting a 1oz 22KT gold eagle isn't really "at spot" as it is 91% pure. Still a good deal with no premium over spot.

This is not true. It is important to remember that each coin contains one troy ounce of gold. Each coin contains the EXACT same amount of gold. A buffalo weighs 31.1 grams and is 99.99% pure. The gold eagle is composed of 1 ounce of pure gold, mixed with a combination of copper and silver. The actual weight of an AGE is 33.93 grams, and it is 91.67% pure. The place that is having this promotion IS in fact offering the gold at spot.

Historically, eagles have carried the highest premium out of any gold coin. With prices so high, everything is trading at the same outrageous premium. Luckily I was able to pick up my nationwide ounce for $1700 a few months ago when gold hit $1850 :headbang:

Sorry to correct you, but I think it is important to have the correct information here for people who are new to stacking/ the hobby who may be reading this post. I want to make sure they understand and have all the correct information.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Omega, thanks for the response. But you really should read all the responses before commenting as on August 27th my comment acknowledged the equal quantity.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
of course only My opinion. & we all know about Opinions :laughing7:

because of the quick rise, and potential for a quick correction after November If the Republicans win,
My guess They purchased them for 1500 0r less & are Profit Taking anyway.

And if Things Go as expected, it will be at least 4 More years before gold could rise high enough for Gold Buyers to hand you a profit.

Of course if there is a change of the Guard, in November there Is a Potential to make a killing;
As the Stock Market Crashes out of fear By Late November, & we go into Full Blown Depression.
You may be able to Buy a House , 3 car Garage, & 3 Cars for in it for that Ounce:coffee2:
Or maybe even Buy the stock Exchange :tongue3:
or a Tank of Gas & a Loaf of Bread. :(

tuff Bet though.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread