Another hard-to-find coin into the collection!

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Over the past three months, I have been completely out of the game of coin roll hunting, but doing a lot of metal detecting. This week was way too hot and dry for any quality metal detecting, so I decided to crack into a box of nickels that I have been holding onto for a while. I am going through these boxes of nickels to fill up my collection albums:

Jefferson Nickels 1938-DATE
Buffalo Nickels 1913-1938
Canadian Nickels 1965-2012

This box was my 12th box in and to my surprise, I am still finding coins that are filling holes in the Jefferson nickel collection. Check it out!
Screenshot (37).png
Screenshot (36).png

It's not the ultimate key date 50-D, but it's still below 10 million minted, which is pretty low mintage for a Jefferson nickel!
There were plenty of other finds in this box as well, including multiple '39s, 40s, and 50s Jeffersons, as well as a couple pennies (both copper thankfully). This box definitely has me excited to get into more and fill up even more holes in the books!

If you're interested in seeing the full hunt, you can check it out here:

Upvote 0

Coinboy

Dec 4, 2019
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Nokta Makro Simplex, pulsedive, Garrett Ace 200, Nokta pinpointer, Brute Magnetics 888 pound Fishing Magnet
Predatortools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Over the past three months, I have been completely out of the game of coin roll hunting, but doing a lot of metal detecting. This week was way too hot and dry for any quality metal detecting, so I decided to crack into a box of nickels that I have been holding onto for a while. I am going through these boxes of nickels to fill up my collection albums:

Jefferson Nickels 1938-DATE
Buffalo Nickels 1913-1938
Canadian Nickels 1965-2012

This box was my 12th box in and to my surprise, I am still finding coins that are filling holes in the Jefferson nickel collection. Check it out!
View attachment 1859634
View attachment 1859633

It's not the ultimate key date 50-D, but it's still below 10 million minted, which is pretty low mintage for a Jefferson nickel!
There were plenty of other finds in this box as well, including multiple '39s, 40s, and 50s Jeffersons, as well as a couple pennies (both copper thankfully). This box definitely has me excited to get into more and fill up even more holes in the books!

If you're interested in seeing the full hunt, you can check it out here:

Nice finds Quin! Great to see you on tnet!

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
Yes, they are out there. I have 11 of the 1950 nickels. (I also have two of the 1950D. luckily). All from CRH. Keep plugging away!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread