Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Drinking right now... diet coke ROFL

I was still trying to figure out how I would sneak it into the house as the family has me locked down...

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
I just called my other bag pickup bank and they have $40 to go to fill the halves. They were at $503 back in February of this year, that would be ok but they have been closed forever only opening recently and someone last year did a dump - another CRHer so probably the same thing again but I will go get it tomorrow, I have enough halves to fill it.

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
have the bag in the garage, looking at it through the plastic I see 3 40% and what looks like the edge of a 90%

I will sneak it into the house and take my time working through it because I am not getting boxes at this time. Will look for missing FG's and double dies etc

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Doubt it will be a dream bag but I will be happy with 10 40% and a couple 90%

In my "walter mitty" dreams at night I dream that someone dumped their grandfathers collection of complete Seated Liberties and Bust and Barber halves ROFL

But I do see at least 4 40% and some edges that look silver, although I have been fooled before. I will also take my time looking for errors and missing FG's

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
This is all you can do...

Attachments

• DC42A807-D4BB-4B73-8230-DA8FD6CCFE51.jpeg
    DC42A807-D4BB-4B73-8230-DA8FD6CCFE51.jpeg
    22.9 KB · Views: 236

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Good for you Ben. Time & patience win out in the end. Due to the coin shortage, one of my dump banks that did not sell bags before, is willing to sell to me as they fill up. Problem I have now is cash flow.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will sneak it into the house and take my time working through it
Don't let halves bang against each other. Me wife has complained several times (I am sitting on the bed) when I look at the coin and then toss it in a pile of halves, she does not like the sound. doesn't matter if it is the silver pile or clad. You have to be discrete.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread