Plenty of dimes........

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
None of my branch banks in my town are giving no more than 2-rolls per customer. HOWEVER, went to a few banks 10 miles west of my area and got 4-boxes of dimes from 3 branch banks. One bank even asked "How many boxes do I want", as if they had a big surplus to get rid of. Will let you know the results. Did a quick look, all are circulated, and not 2020's. But, they did Not have any halves.

Upvote 0

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What weird times we're living in. I recently changed my work location so I am frequenting banks I would only occasionally visit in the past. I also lost my pickup bank because its too inconvenient to get to now. Its frustrating having to rebuild a new coin empire of contacts. Many of my old dump banks have closed along with a few out of the way pickups that were good for occasional solid 40% rolls.
I like to vet a place for a while trying to figure if they get halves often, occasionally or never. I found a branch that fit the bill for a great dump bank. Snarky attitude, " we don't have any halves" without checking with any other tellers, then "you can have ONE roll of dimes." I've never gotten a silver from them after buying multiple half dumps before the pandemic. They are going to be shocked when the guy who bought one roll of dimes brings them thousands of dollars in dimes and halves in the coming weeks lol. Unfortunately I'm not receiving a warm welcome as this side of town seems burnt out and saturated with hunters. One bank accidentally gave me a few great rolls last year but it must have been a new teller fluke. The vault material is always picked clean.
It does seem that there are a few coins coming into circulation. i bought two roll of dimes and got a merc. I went right back in to get more but couldn't get them from the same source box so it was a waste of time. At a branch next door I finally got a loose 64 and a few 40% but overheard the teller say "but I'm not giving these up" and the other tellers chuckled. I am assuming I missed some silver dollars but pretended I didn't hear and didn't press the issue. They keep the best and give me the rest but it beats nothing.
I did go by a branch that had been sitting on a $500 dump for months. I've been side stepping them so as to not confuse them by not wanting those. I got two silvers from the teller and the manager was super warm and friendly. She said she would be happy to order some halves for me. Then she said she might actually have some in the back. Luckily the dump was whittled down to $170 so I cleared the dump to get things going on the right foot. I'll try an order once i dump those. I just hope they don't get dumps often or it could be a dead lead really quickly. Thats all the news thats fit to print. Best of luck dozer n looking forward to the results.

OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Results of the 4-boxes: 2 Rosies, 0, 0, 0. Bleak for sure, not even enough to pay for the gas.

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yikes that horrendous. I got 7 out of $250 but went to hell and back to actually find dimes, $20-30 from each bank.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread