Best dimes find I have ever had - unbelievable

CJ9

Dec 15, 2018
NYC area
Primary Interest:
Other
Went into bank this afternoon - got $35 of CWR dimes and $6 of nickels. That was all the dimes they had immediately available.

When I got home this evening, I couldn't believe my eyes. Clearly my best find of the year.

6 rolls (the ones with the diamond logo) were nearly all solid silver and the other roll was all clad.

dimes 11-2a.jpg

In all, 256 roosevelt and 6 merc dimes (the halves were used to prop the coins up). There were even 4 extra dimes in total in the rolls.

dimes 11-2b.jpg dimes 11-2c.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Upvote 0

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Excellent score CJ9! In all the years I searched dimes I never scored a solid silver roll.

Ditto on the score. I too in all my years of collecting & CRH have never pulled a solid silver dime roll. I've found solid halves. Congrats on 6 rolls, well done. Right place at the right time. And yes, I believe that it's now turned to CWR's that you will find the silver.

Sleepy Holow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Expanding Operations
Detector(s) used
Never used one, but am interested
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow! What a haul my friend! I have to say, I've enjoyed reading your posts over the past year or two. Happy that these rolls went to a CRHer like yourself.

Keep stacking...:coins::coins::coins:

OP
OP
C

CJ9

Dec 15, 2018
NYC area
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow! What a haul my friend! I have to say, I've enjoyed reading your posts over the past year or two. Happy that these rolls went to a CRHer like yourself.

Keep stacking...:coins::coins::coins:

Thanks.

You were searching through as many dimes in a day as I do in a month. I remember you saying that you had moved, are you able to get back into CRH?

Sleepy Holow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Expanding Operations
Detector(s) used
Never used one, but am interested
Primary Interest:
Other
Hopefully starting a small operation in December. A lot of transition...moved in April, lived out of suitcases till we closed on a house at the end of June, had our second child last month, just about done with the initial house projects. Main hold up is work. My last assignment was a school assignment with favorable CRHing hours. Now I'm back to normal dayshift hours. We'll see what we can get going here...all I can tell you is that it won't be $6K per week! :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread