Some Banks here are Closing - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree117Likes

Thread: Some Banks here are Closing

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Aug 2012
    Massachusetts
    Whites, Garrett
    1203 times
    Gold Panning, Metal detecting, beach combing, shooting, photography, genealogy, gardening
    I have 3 solar setups, a Lunt LS50, LS80 and a Quark Chromosphere, I do H-alpha, not white light (the silver filter). I have 2 ZWO ASI174mm cameras.
    For land photography I use Canon's. I have a 90D, 7DII, 5D classic, 6DII and 5DIV, and about 20 lenses up to 600mm

I am so busy I don't have time to do half of my hobbies! I just think of the silver I am missing! But at the same time my main love is photography (both land and astronomy) followed by shooting.

Here is one of my solar images

Blak bart, Immy, Dozer D and 8 others like this.
    Ferengi Rules of Acquisition

#59 "Free advice is seldom cheap"

#92 "Never confuse wisdom with luck"

2020 Totals: Halves: 34 40% 13 90%, Dimes: 24, Quarters: 1

2020 GOAL: 300 silver Currently 72/300

Boxes searched: Halves boxes 12, bags 1, CWR 0, loose 0 : Dimes boxes 0, bags 1, BWR 5, CWR 6 : Quarters boxes 1, bags 2, CWR 20 BWR 50

MILES Driven 500

us
    Mar 2015
    Bodymore, Metalland
    Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
    1748 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Yep the banks are closing. I see many lost pickup banks and my fav dump banks closed. I used to churn through up to $2000 a week. Last week I did $395, multiple small half/ dime cwrs and got 0 silvers. Its pretty frustrating but back to detecting.

us
    Dec 2006
    Western NY
    Minelab E-Trac, Whites Surfmaster
    197 times
    Over the last 3 weeks, I was finally able to get my boxes back and get back to trading. Then yesterday afternoon at 3:30, I got an email from my bank (Community Bank, N.A.) saying that effective today, all branch lobbies are closed again, except by appointment. Back to waiting. So frustrating.

Scott
    fistfulladirt likes this.

us
    Mar 2005
    Vegas
    439 times
    Can't you order boxes and make an appointment to pick them up?

Also, do people mean closed permanently or closed just until lockdown is over?
    MOVE THE COINSTAR FINDS THREAD TO THE COIN ROLL HUNTING FORUM!

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    dirtfishing
    3988 times
    silver surfing
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Immy View Post

Hard to say, at least in my state. I expect rolling intermittent or hard lockdowns coming for who knows how long. I also think there was a glut of banks in my area and of course they will consolidate w/layoffs. Several of the branches that my wife’s aunt works at were within less than a quarter mile apart.
    Immy and PetesPockets55 like this.

us
    Apr 2011
    1347 times
    I haven’t been able to order boxes for the last 8 months due to the “coin shortage”. Supposedly the “shortage” is over now, and today I should bd able to pick up my first box.

us
    Dec 2006
    Very Northern Left Coast
    XLT & Bigfoot
    2141 times
    Been happening here for years. I moved here four years ago. I went to the local BofA to transfer my 25+ year account and and tole the teller and she almost started crying. That morning everyone had been given their notice. BofA was closing in my county. That only left 4 four banks. That building has been sitting empty for four years now.

On a lighter note I am hoping they tear down the building and parking. In the late 1800's that area was our "Chinatown" complete with brothels and bars (and probably opium dens too) but the white folks in town had a town meeting and decided to run out all the Chinese and actually did it. The gold miners were jealous of all the gold these guys were getting from the claims that they had sold the Chinese after they thought they were worked out. I want to bring my XLT out of retirement and hunt that area completely.
    When I did yard sales I was dollardan. No yard sales where I am now.

us
    Aug 2012
    Massachusetts
    Whites, Garrett
    1203 times
    Gold Panning, Metal detecting, beach combing, shooting, photography, genealogy, gardening
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberdan View Post
    Been happening here for years. I moved here four years ago. I went to the local BofA to transfer my 25+ year account and and tole the teller and she almost started crying. That morning everyone had been given their notice. BofA was closing in my county. That only left 4 four banks. That building has been sitting empty for four years now.

On a lighter note I am hoping they tear down the building and parking. In the late 1800's that area was our "Chinatown" complete with brothels and bars (and probably opium dens too) but the white folks in town had a town meeting and decided to run out all the Chinese and actually did it. The gold miners were jealous of all the gold these guys were getting from the claims that they had sold the Chinese after they thought they were worked out. I want to bring my XLT out of retirement and hunt that area completely.
    Even with my bad knees that would get my Garrett 2500 out of retirement

Boxes searched: Halves boxes 12, bags 1, CWR 0, loose 0 : Dimes boxes 0, bags 1, BWR 5, CWR 6 : Quarters boxes 1, bags 2, CWR 20 BWR 50

MILES Driven 500

us
    Sep 2007
    florida keys
    ;whites dual PI
    713 times
    Yup where i live BofA closed 2 locations the only one left was a 40 minute drive on a good day,i pulled out and they were whywhywhy,had to make appoinment..it was like a bad breakup...
    the burden of life..is just to see another sunset and..no giant moray eels<<<-----]:]:]:~~~~~

us
    Oct 2011
    56 times
    coin roll hunting
    I'm noticing a number of borderline bank branches closing - M&T, Chase and B of A. TD isn't closing any and neither are some of the local banks. More are refusing to order boxes and fewer are taking halves and Ikes from customers. It may be the beginning of "digital cash."

us
    Ed

Jul 2018
    Eastern Connecticut
    Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
    4135 times
    Metal Detecting
    The McDonald's in my hometown is open. You can get your food inside or at the drive-thru but you can't eat inside. Donut shops are drive-thru or order inside then take it out. Banks are drive-thru only unless you make an appointment. Restaurants are open for indoor dining at a limited capacity. Coin shortage? What coin shortage? No problem with that here. Some of the things the governor has come out with make no sense whatsoever........

us
    Aug 2012
    Massachusetts
    Whites, Garrett
    1203 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Buchsy View Post
    I'm noticing a number of borderline bank branches closing - M&T, Chase and B of A. TD isn't closing any and neither are some of the local banks. More are refusing to order boxes and fewer are taking halves and Ikes from customers. It may be the beginning of "digital cash."
    I worry about digital cash as big brother can monitor everything you buy and sell, also it suddenly becomes easy to shut you off if you disagree with the state

Also it would kill coin collecting, just like email and texts have killed the stamp hobby

MILES Driven 500

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    dirtfishing
    3988 times
    silver surfing
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Cartwright SASS View Post
    I worry about digital cash as big brother can monitor everything you buy and sell, also it suddenly becomes easy to shut you off if you disagree with the state

Also it would kill coin collecting, just like email and texts have killed the stamp hobby
    Is that news? From what I’ve read, roughly half the US does not use cash on a daily basis. Sales and purchases are already monitored and have been for years, as with unauthorized access to financial info/accounts. It does seem to be accelerating.
    PetesPockets55 and GPURS like this.

us
    Dec 2006
    Western NY
    Minelab E-Trac, Whites Surfmaster
    197 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Immy View Post

I wish I could, but the branch manager says it isn't important enough business to let me in the lobby. So I wait.

The branch itself isn't closed, just the lobby for foot traffic. You can make an appointment if you need to use your safety deposit box and businesses can get coin, since they aren't closed down this time, but pretty much anything else is via drive-thru, ATM, or online.

Scott
    Immy and fistfulladirt like this.

us
    Poet—Traveler—Soldier of Fortune

Mar 2012
    Pennsy
    1649 times
    I've noticed a bunch of big banks closing branches in my area. Wells Fargo closed two just within the last three months.

First Bank and a small community bank that operates sort of like a credit union each closed a branch in my area as well.
    And as things fell apart
    Nobody paid much attention

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links