Some Banks here are Closing - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree117Likes

Thread: Some Banks here are Closing

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Poet—Traveler—Soldier of Fortune

Mar 2012
    Pennsy
    1649 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I've noticed a bunch of big banks closing branches in my area. Wells Fargo closed two just within the last three months.

First Bank and a small community bank that operates sort of like a credit union each closed a branch in my area as well.
    fistfulladirt likes this.
    And as things fell apart
    Nobody paid much attention

us
    May 2009
    60 times
    My branch I have been going to since my normal branch is undergoing renovations I think, is closing on dec. 11th.

They are going to open on dec 14th at their new location.

Their new location is less than 100 feet from their current location.

They are literally going from one end of the parking lot to the other end.

us
    May 2018
    A state of Resistance
    White's MXT Tesoro Cibola Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
    3807 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fistfulladirt View Post
    Gross. Wouldn’t let my dog eat Mcfood.
    I hadn't been to a McD for over a decade but on our way to Coin Beach DE last year, Smokey pulled into one and suggested the crispy buttermilk fried chicken sandwich. It was outstanding, IMO, better than the Popeye's chicken sandwich or the Chick-fil-A version (both of which I like). Sometimes, we old dogs can learn new tricks.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    dirtfishing
    3984 times
    silver surfing
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    I hadn't been to a McD for over a decade but on our way to Coin Beach DE last year, Smokey pulled into one and suggested the crispy buttermilk fried chicken sandwich. It was outstanding, IMO, better than the Popeye's chicken sandwich or the Chick-fil-A version (both of which I like). Sometimes, we old dogs can learn new tricks.
    I’m not a fan of fast food but a Popeye’s is going up here in town, a first. I also hear the McRib is coming back after 8 years...might have to try a Popeyes to see what all the shooting’s about
    Megalodon and PetesPockets55 like this.

Charter Member
    us
    ARC

Aug 2014
    Bahia Del Espiritu Santo - "Bay of the Holy Spirit”
    JW 8X V.2 - ML X2 - VP 580
    77425 times
    Think about it...

Its not just about the virus IMO... its a security issue.

IF I owned a branch the last thing I would want is masked individuals inside it.
    DETECT WITH RESPECT - Have permission... Fill holes... Dispose of trash. - The Random Chat Thread - http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ev...en-24-7-a.html

us
    Dec 2006
    Very Northern Left Coast
    XLT & Bigfoot
    2141 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AARC View Post
    Think about it...

IF I owned a branch the last thing I would want is masked individuals inside it.
    Last time I visited my credit union I said to the girl teller that I feel real funny putting on a mask before entering the bank. I got a half hearted giggle and asked if she heard that before. she said yes many times.

I went into my real bank last week and was number 4 or 5 in line, almost out the door. In walks this guy with something wrapped all around his head and face. There was only a thin slit showing his eyes. No problem but he walks past everyone and right up to a teller that is helping someone. Uh oh I think and my 9MM is at home. I used to be a sheriff and everything about him told me he is not a church going individual. Then he touched the lady customer and I could hear him say "is everything OK?" she nodded and he left the bank. Oh darn no excitement today.
    PetesPockets55 likes this.
    When I did yard sales I was dollardan. No yard sales where I am now.

us
    May 2009
    60 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AARC View Post
    Think about it...

Not true for me.

The branches I go in have signs on the doors telling people if they want to enter they must wear a mask.

Let me guess you are one of the people who thinks the virus is a hoax.

us
    Wood Butcher

Apr 2013
    Indian River Co., Fl
    AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
    1622 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fistfulladirt View Post
    ....might have to try a Popeyes to see what all the shooting’s about
    Be sure to try their red beans and rice for a side if they aren't sold out.
    fistfulladirt and AARC like this.

us
    Ed

Jul 2018
    Eastern Connecticut
    Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
    4132 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMastermind View Post
    I've noticed a bunch of big banks closing branches in my area. Wells Fargo closed two just within the last three months.

First Bank and a small community bank that operates sort of like a credit union each closed a branch in my area as well.
    I'm not surprised that some banks are closing some of their branch banks. In my area there are way more banks than people have money for.

Charter Member
    us
    ARC

Aug 2014
    Bahia Del Espiritu Santo - "Bay of the Holy Spirit”
    JW 8X V.2 - ML X2 - VP 580
    77425 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ckrakowski View Post
    Not true for me.

The branches I go in have signs on the doors telling people if they want to enter they must wear a mask.

Let me guess you are one of the people who thinks the virus is a hoax.
    Pretty far reaching assumption you've made... but from how... what... and why would you guess that from my statement ?

Welp... you assumed wrong... FOR... I am one of the ones who had it... or so I think.

As far as wearing masks in a Florida bank goes... remember Florida is "the wild wild east" heh

But in all likelihood...

I think the main reason they are closed here ... well I am not sure all branches are but I know many are... is because of the amount of traffic a typical branch would see here in a single day.

Banks are a prime breading ground for covid... close proximity to tellers... and passing items back and forth etc.

Liability issues may exist as well.
    Last edited by AARC; Dec 08, 2020 at 06:49 AM.
    Blak bart and GPURS like this.
    DETECT WITH RESPECT - Have permission... Fill holes... Dispose of trash. - The Random Chat Thread - http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ev...en-24-7-a.html

us
    Apr 2007
    N.E. of Atlanta
    1 times
    Nobody, and I mean NOBODY ever said the virus itself is a hoax. Those at the top told us very early on that the virus came from China,,, and were criticized for taking appropriate action. Meanwhile, a certain representative from San Francisco was pleading for everybody to come and party in the Chinatown district. Weird how things have been twisted and manipulated. Anybody that claims that somebody called the virus itself a hoax needs to change their channel occasionally.....
    port ewen ace likes this.

us
    Aug 2012
    Massachusetts
    Whites, Garrett
    1203 times
    Gold Panning, Metal detecting, beach combing, shooting, photography, genealogy, gardening
    Quote Originally Posted by GPURS View Post
    Nobody, and I mean NOBODY ever said the virus itself is a hoax. Those at the top told us very early on that the virus came from China,,, and were criticized for taking appropriate action. Meanwhile, a certain representative from San Francisco was pleading for everybody to come and party in the Chinatown district. Weird how things have been twisted and manipulated. Anybody that claims that somebody called the virus itself a hoax needs to change their channel occasionally.....
    The virus is not a hoax, using to get more control over the population is the problem. We need to take precautions, but did we go overboard? Look at Sweden they didn't close down and just told people to take precautions...
    port ewen ace likes this.
    Ferengi Rules of Acquisition

#59 "Free advice is seldom cheap"

#92 "Never confuse wisdom with luck"

2020 Totals: Halves: 34 40% 13 90%, Dimes: 24, Quarters: 1

2020 GOAL: 300 silver Currently 72/300

Boxes searched: Halves boxes 12, bags 1, CWR 0, loose 0 : Dimes boxes 0, bags 1, BWR 5, CWR 6 : Quarters boxes 1, bags 2, CWR 20 BWR 50

MILES Driven 500

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links