Nother 70d

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Two more boxes today from last Thursday's bank- also dated Nov. 6, 07 just like Thursdays boxes. First box gave up two '66's and two '67's- edges look just like clad or I doubt they would been there.
Second box wasn't about to give up nothin sos decided to throw me a bone- when I saw the silver stripe I new what it was (I seen that edge before- recently too haha). Here's a pic. HH all Mark
BTW I'm swingin for the fence but the pitcher keeps throwin it in the dirt haha.
DSCN1350.jpg

Upvote 0

jewelerdave

Aug 29, 2007
Fort Collins, Colorado
Detector(s) used
I just follow my nose!...where the silver and gold goes!
Minelab 5000, Goldmaster, and a few others
XRF spectrometer, Common sense.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
likewise the boxes with the same date up here have been just as bad.
Managed to pull one 90 and 2 40s yesterday. and again, the edge was so close to clad looking they were almost missed. I wonder if they were our dumps and we missed em.
The holiday monday screwed things up pretty bad from last week, a lot of things that were ordered have not shown up or got bumped a week, this week will probably not be much better.
At least a box of dimes I picked up last night produced 5 90s Better than nothing!

OP
OP
Silver Stripe

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
I don't know about you Dave but I been date searchin all my halves so they aren't from my dumps, and that 70 cannot be missed by edge searchin. I think we just need to keep buyin the boxes and get rid of them till we get back down into that pallet again where we was (I know you don't agree with my theory haha). Hopefully with the colleges help we can wade through the crap boxes and get to the good ones in short order. Yea one of my CU branches only came up with one of two last week, said they would backorder for ME and be here Wed (tomarrow), I asked if they would go ahead and order two as its just as easy for ME to pick up two as one. My main CU branch will have 2 for ME tomarrow, and whatever the other branch gets in. Next week maybe I will take a little road trip- there's a bank that gets the same boxes we been getting. Last time I was there we were in the $$$ boxes and I got $900, almost felt sorry for whoever bought the $100 when they came back for more haha. Maybe they got the last of the good boxes- or maybe the same dated ones but either way I buy them and they will order more. I wanted to go today but no time. HH buddy, Mark

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread