Black Friday bank run

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Was able to do several stops at banks on Friday. Only got 4-rolls of halves that gave up 2-40%. Also got 6-boxes of dimes, of which was a brand NEW one so that's going back to a needy bank. After searching the other 5 boxes, results were poor with only 3-Rosies. Box scores were : 1,1,0,1,0.
Getting only a little over half oz of silver, just barely enough to cover gas costs. But we have to keep trying, hopefully the Xmas silver will start flowing soon.
HH DozerD

Upvote 0

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea its been super skunky with my top producers being among the banks that closed. I seem to only be able to find pre-searched coins. Bought $395 halves and dimes from 8 different banks and skunk. Bought $70 in dimes from 3 other banks and skunk. Last 64 half I got the teller said to the other teller " This ones silver, see how it sounds when I drop it? " I heard the sweet ring and then she actually GAVE IT TO ME!!! It does have a hole drilled in it which makes it cooler to me but probably why she gave it away. Plus those pesky 2020 dimes are turning up with a ferocity.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
has Fauci quarantined the 2020 quarter boxes:dontknow::BangHead::cussing::help:
got a Marsh in a roll--------------------------- 2020-D:BangHead:

Last edited:

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you do quarter boxes, Dozer? You won’t find much silver in there, but the Ws are pretty plentiful for me. At $10 each, they are worth 5x more than silver dimes. And when you get a new box, it’s a total jackpot... I’ve found 15 or 20 Ws sometimes in new boxes.

OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Do you do quarter boxes, Dozer? You won’t find much silver in there, but the Ws are pretty plentiful for me. At $10 each, they are worth 5x more than silver dimes. And when you get a new box, it’s a total jackpot... I’ve found 15 or 20 Ws sometimes in new boxes.

I've given it some thought. Now with the virus forcing people to dig deep for cash might loosen up silver qtrs also.
Other than a national coin shortage, I really think that there's more hunters than ever out there, OR, have we current CRHs exhausted the system of all the floating silver coins.
Picked up one dime box yesterday, 2-Rosies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread