Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Normally I'd post a pic of something but its been a long dry couple weeks so I thought I'd just gripe. I can't get my pickup bank to actually order a box of coins since covid started. I asked for halves but said I'd take dimes. I'm getting nothing but sloppy re-wrapped pre- searched dimes and halves everywhere I go. Ugh. Just added another skunky $100 to the tally. I got $50 in dimes and $50 in halves. The teller was too excited to get rid of $250. " you want them all?" She asks a little too cheerfully.
" Not today. Sample of $50 and some dimes. " Skunk and marked with sharpie so the rest can get bought by the next guy. I had a bad feeling since i've never gotten a silver from this branch but still felt the urge to try again since I was driving by. So I am approaching $1000 mostly dimes from 25 different banks searched and not a single silver in sight. A few modern Canadians tell me these are picked clean. With those kind of numbers even stopping along my route is proving to be pointless. Even coin stars are getting tough. They always seem to be full or out of order these days. Rant finished. Thx I almost feel better.

Upvote 0

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like you, I miss doing CRH. My last boxes were in March. I stay in touch with my tellers for the time when they can order boxes again. I won't bother with dimes, having done about 60 boxes without a single silver. I found my first non-dug silver dime of the pandemic, a 57-D Rosie, in a coinstar two weeks ago.

I've been doing more fossil hunting and found my first fossil tooth from an extinct giant thresher (Alopias grandis) recently. The fossil tooth references describe it as either extremely rare or exceedingly rare. Its my first one in 39 years of fossil shark tooth hunting in the Chesapeake. I have to take some better pics and post on the fossil forum.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
snagged 1K in halves, 1K in Cuters & $160 in Jeffies Friday--- a "69 ender is showing in one box--- let the hunt begin:dontknow:.

yet to find a solid 2020 quarter box ANYWHERE:BangHead:--- a ton of 2020-P mints in rolls. 2 more Weir "W"'s & a '46 GW from the $700 laundromat cuter bag this week:hello2:

VTColonialDigger

Oct 13, 2016
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't know if you big-time coin roll hunting guys like to search pennies, but I've still been able to get machine wrapped penny roll boxes here in VT. Granted, I'm not going every week for a new box, more like every two months and I take the pennies back re-rolled. Maybe you could get penny boxes where you are until they have halves again ???

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have accounts at two MD credit unions and dumped (last in March) at their machines. They are open and I could dump if I had anything to dump - but both pickup banks have stopped ordering boxes for non-business accounts since March. I check with them about once a month and have only gotten a handful of halves through the drive-through when doing other business.

I'd do pennies if I could get them...

OP
OP
T

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pennies are not worth it on these old eyes. I stopped doing nickels as well after collecting rolls of buffalo and v nickels. I avoid MWR dimes as well when I can help it. I will take a look for enders when my more kind tellers are free and willing to show me a box but with all the new coinage coming out its proving futile. For now the golden era is behind me. I'm glad I did what I did when I did and miss the thrill of discovery but this is the saddest least productive dry spell ever. I just got another $20 in pre searched sloppy rerolled MWR dimes at the bank next door to work. I think the teller is now searching them herself but lacks the coordination to reroll them to an acceptable level in the mwr paper. I took a photo just to re-live the trauma later but its not worth figuring out how to upload it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions