Herds of Buffalos

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Finally getting into my Buffalos to see what I have. In total, a little over 1900 buffs, (240 are acid processed, 40 no date & not processed, ) the balance are all readable dates & mm, some good & some not so good but still readable.
As I get further into them I'll post what I have, until then, let the stampede begin. Have to remember, that most of these were pulled from circulation in the mid 60s-80s,many have not seen the light of day until now. Back then, the herds were roaming freely & home home on the range.

Upvote 0

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With such a good sample size, this seems to be a nice opportunity to reach some conclusions about common dates and dates more scarce than expected from their mintages, etc. I hope you can post your results here!

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are statistics that could be used to assess the significance of the deviation of observed results from the expected numbers based upon mintages. But the assumptions of those analyses are many - equal probability of losses and removals from the population due to collectors and time in circulation, differential hoarding, economic variation, for example. I'm not suggesting doing these statistics, but look forward to seeing the raw numbers and using our own opinions about how some of the dates appear to be more or less scarce considering the published numbers minted - and why that may be.

MKW

Feb 3, 2020
Coastal SC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ML Equinox 600
ML Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rookie. I have one. Better luck to you in the future. LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread