Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I think we need some insider information as to who is really holding off on coinage, AND are the big processors pulling silver coins from their machines. Anyone out there that has a friend that works in the coin process business, and knows for sure what's going on, please answer.
The AG pulls are getting fewer & fewer In-between.
The same question has been popping up on this forum since I joined over ten years ago. The consensus was that processors are paid to roll coin, and measures set in place to disallow “picking”. There used to be an outfit called Jackson Metals, they processed tons of coin in the Midwest pulling lots of silver. There was also a member or two that worked in rolling facilities but that was a few years back. As far as the coin shortage, with the trend in using plastic and gov shutdowns, I believe bank
traffic has been in decline, some banks are closing multiple branches.

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing showing up here. I'm thinking of closing all these accounts and putting the money into the market with something with a decent dividend. Banking has gone waaaay downhill on convenience and productivity. All i see is sloppily rerolled coins almost like the tellers are now searching and rerolling boxes themselves. SOOO wack.

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
I got another 6 rolls of quarters today, bank is finally out of 2020's for now. I have gone through $2,500 in quarters without a single W after my first 8 rolls when I found 8 W's, since then nothing

BUT

in the BWR of mixed dates I found my first silver quarter of the year, a 1963D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread