Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went by a formerly productive bank for the first time in a year. Its one where people seem to always be dumping small amounts of unusual coins but the teller keeps the best and I get the rest. She's never let a silver half slip by and brags that she looks closely at everything. I still take the halves- usually less than $10 but get all her "regular change" . I asked her for change and she said" this is just regular change, you want just regular change?"
"Yes ma'am, regular old change for me. "
She threw in $40 in quarters. I don't search quarters but took them. I gave them a quick look and was rewarded with a 1957 and one silver dime from $20 in dimes. I'd say she must only focus on halves but lets lots of other coins slide by. I wanted to go right back in for more quarters but didn't want to annoy her. I'll be going by again soon. i did a 10-12 bank run and did my first drive through since many branches are locked down due to covid. I hate drive thrus. Waste of gas and time. I like to see the coins in their trays and ask a few quick questions. Since the line was empty I got through quick and easy and the drive thru teller served me a 1937 and 2 40% halves out of $9. Shes one of those sweet ones who saves a goodies for collectors but its first come first serve. In a four hour hunt I got .95 in 90% and the 2 40% halves. Its a shadow of the good old days where I'd get a full roll here and there but something's better than nothing.

Upvote 0

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got a pristine 64-D GW in a box last week-- 1st box silver in YEARS--- 2 half boxes last week===== 2 dead skunks

OP
OP
T

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep I finally got two boxes of halves. First was skunky. The second one is hopefully waiting but I'm not going to get it until I dump the old ones. Its too tough to bank these days.

CJ9

Dec 15, 2018
NYC area
Primary Interest:
Other
You always tell good stories, whether you find something or not. I enjoy them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread