Solid silver halves from same bank as last month

CJ9

Dec 15, 2018
NYC area
Primary Interest:
Other
Went to bank yesterday for some dimes and nickels and asked if they had halves. At first, the teller didn't understand what I was asking for and then he said no. Then he pulled out a CWR roll of halves and asked if I meant these. I said yes, and asked if he had more and he said no, so off I went.

Opened them up and solid BU 1964. Just like the roll I got from this bank in November (same wrapper also)

halves 12-21.jpg

This was the same bank I got a solid 1964 silver roll in November (pic of that roll is below), and back then I asked for more and got clad. Even went back a day or two later and asked if they had more, and they said they had 2 more rolls and they were all clad. I had thought I cleaned them out of halves. Wasn't the same teller this time as last time, so that may have been the difference, but I wonder if they actually do have more. I will have to go back in the coming days / week. Clearly the coins from yesterday and those from November were dropped off by the same customer.

Roll from November
halves 11-17c.jpg

Thanks for looking, HH, and Merry Christmas

Upvote 0

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
WOW, how exciting for you to snag a roll like that...again!! What a Christmas Gift. Merry Christmas to you too.

Ranger Chuck

Apr 6, 2018
Central PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! You just scored $180 worth of silver for $10! That's amazing. It's even more amazing that it happened twice. Glad to know silver like this is still out there.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard times bring out peoples collections .Keep at it :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread