In all the chaos of the end of year, I had a coin machine reject win.

TheWalrus

Oct 7, 2014
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just before The holiday week, walked past the machine in the grocery store. gladly scooped all the foreign up. When I got a closer look

there it was, a SLQ in the mix. foreign2020.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Poor Mans Gold

Feb 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
When ever I go to businesses I always check those machines. I do find foreign coins. And I find silver coins. Those machines reject silver.
I have been collecting coins since 1963. In 2010, I was able to start ordering boxes of halves from one bank. Another bank ordered me boxes of cents, nickels and dimes.
When I got finished with the boxes, I would take them to a different bank (that had a coin machine) to deposit. One day they saw me parking in front of their front door
and as I walked in with my bags of coins they had already opened the machine so they could replace the bags when they got filled. The reject system wasn't working.
I reached up into the reject and was able to get coins come out. Going through them I found an 1820 Large Cent. It was in VG condition. That bank does not have those
machines any more. I now have to wrap them to deposit and get my cash back.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
It has STARS below eagle on reverse, so it's a 1918 or later. 1916 & 1917 have NO STARS on reverse. I have 4 No Stars, but neither of them is a 1916.

OP
OP
T

TheWalrus

Oct 7, 2014
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has STARS below eagle on reverse, so it's a 1918 or later. 1916 & 1917 have NO STARS on reverse. I have 4 No Stars, but neither of them is a 1916.

very cool, I will not complain as silver and free work for me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions