Tanner trades silver for GOLDen experiance (with pics)

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Tanner trades silver for GOLDen experience (with pics)

Tanner and I have been stacking silver since 2009. We have not sold off any until 2 months ago when prices were rising. Tanner came to me and said silver has not sold for this price in about 6 years, I think we should sell some. I was a bit hesitant as I was hoping it would go higher. I gave in, and we sold off all of our 40% halves. We found a guy on Craig's list that was paying $27 an ounce. First we sold him 100 40% halves. We met a local police station. It was funny, the buyer was only a few years older than Tanner. The sale went smoothly. All parties trusted each other. 5 days later we gave the buyer a call and sold off the rest of our 40% halves. We still have all our 90% halves.

I have always told Tanner the silver was for a trip to New Zealand. Tanner was thinking Costa Rica.
His fall semester at Michigan State was spent in his bedroom via virtual college. Tanners did not like it. He decided to take the winter semester off take a $2000 portion of silver money, some savings he had and to fly to Costa Rica to work at Surfing School.

He is having a BLAST!!!

Since the first of the year I have searched 3 boxes and have found 1 40% half, and silver King George dime in a Coin Star.

Keep on searching
Dad and Tanner

Attachments

• 100_4636.JPG
    100_4636.JPG
    384.8 KB · Views: 85
  • tanner 1.jpg
    tanner 1.jpg
    298.1 KB · Views: 90
  • tanner 3.jpg
    tanner 3.jpg
    275.9 KB · Views: 85
  • tanner 5.jpg
    tanner 5.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 77
  • Tanner.jpg
    Tanner.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 98
  • tanner roller.jpg
    tanner roller.jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Upvote 0

1235CE

May 23, 2006
The Beautiful Berkshires in Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
ok, that's just AWESOME!!!!…..years of creating memories amongst yourselves and then taking the profits of those memories to make even more memories.....That's living a rich life....congrats to you both!!

HH all!

Greg

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
And where is DAD going with his share of the 40% silver gain. Or buy more silver rounds or ASEs.

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang whats the name of that surf school? I'm ready to pack up the excalibur, run away n do that myself. Smart kid. Smart dad for listening.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awsome story man....surfing in Costa is definitely a life altering experience.....good for tanner....living the dream !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread