My ButterfWy CoWection!

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
My title is not intended to poke fun at speech impediments (Elmer Fudd), but to be a play on words:laughing7:. I was dumping a half box yesterday and the teller asked, "Are you a collector?" When I said yes, he asked how I did with the box. Sadly, I could only report probably not well, as the week's haul was just a 67 Kennedy. He then told me he had gotten in a box of brand new quarters with a butterfly on them; I'd heard and seen pictures of them but to that point I hadn't actually seen one in person. I asked if he had any left from that box and he did: ten rolls. Of course I bought them. I finished my round of dumps and picked up an order at the last bank before heading home. Once there, to get them out of the way, I started on the butterfly rolls. A W spilled out of the first roll! Three in the second! The best roll had eight, and only two rolls were skunks. Tally for the day: 18 West Point butterflies! I gotta start selling these things!

Attachments

• butterflyW.jpg
    butterflyW.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 121
Upvote 0

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome score! Imagine if you got the whole box. I’m hoping to snag some new boxes in the coming months before they all are lost into circulation.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions