2021 already more productive than all of 2020

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
I retired on Friday - pretty excited about the free time. Was planning on going to hunt arrowheads today but it rained hard all morning (good in the long run) so I decided to hunt coins today instead. Last year was a dismal year CRH'ing for me as it was for most people. I found a total of 13 silver coins (4 nickels, 5 dimes, 4 halves). Stopped at the first bank and grabbed a handful of penny, nickel and dime CWR's. The next teller over said she had 6 rolls of halves, and of course I'll take them. As she's bringing them over to me one of the rolls falls off the tray and explodes on the floor and I here the sweet sound of silver. Not a full roll obviously but several in there.

In total those 6 rolls produced 28 40%ers. I also found a '62-D Rosie, 13 wheaties and 1988 wide AM cent - my first of any wide AM's. Was interesting how bad the nickels were, only 10 pre-1960 nickels out of $92 worth.

I don't have any pickups scheduled as my dump situation is still limited at best but it was nice to be back in the game and nice to cull some silver. Being retired now I'm excited to put together a really nice 2021.

Upvote 0

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on yer retirement!
I hope you enjoy it. Keep your mind and body busy and you will live a long life. What better way to do both than to lug around heavy boxes of coin and spend hours looking through them, eh?
Nice start to the year!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well done on the rolls, and congrats on the retirement.
I did it 14 yrs ago, busier now working on the over to-do-list.

OP
OP
Twitch

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Plus yesterday I got my dump set-up situated. Plus had a new bank offer to offer halves. May restart a 1-box/ week trickle.

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds! Good luck on your arrowhead hunting! That's my favorite kind of hunting!

OP
OP
Twitch

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Nice finds! Good luck on your arrowhead hunting! That's my favorite kind of hunting!

Northern Alabama is a very productive area. Good luck with the finds. interested in seeing anything you have. Thanks

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice job on the halves. Right place at the right time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread