Get to know your gas station people!!

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We don,t have any gas stations as such here anymore,just convenience stores with pump your own.The cashier is never the same from one day to the next,i think they have a high turnover there.

badkharma

Mar 25, 2017
Central NC
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know the guy who runs the small liquor store not far from me in a small town. He has a cigar box behind the counter chocked full of all sorts of goodies... Pre 64, Morgan/Peace dollars, he even had four silver eagles in there some poor chump spent at face to get cheap booze. Just what goes to show what's floating around out there and how some people let it go for little or nothing.

OP
OP
O

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It never hurts to ask. Hey if can bother you? I’m a coin collector and I’m always looking for old quarters. Any chance you have any in there that look different or dirty?

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
The attendants here are all educated on the metals. It only takes one teacher.
A bit like the roll hunter in front of me at the bank.

“Hi, I’m looking for any silver coins you may have, you know, pre-1964’ :tongue3: ​coins.”

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
We don,t have any gas stations as such here anymore,just convenience stores with pump your own.The cashier is never the same from one day to the next,i think they have a high turnover there.
They also have security cameras overhead, recording each attendant’s transaction. Sticky fingers are one of the reasons for high turnover.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread