Silver taking off - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Silver taking off

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Sep 2012
    557 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by AARC View Post
    The American dollar will never hurt... don't believe the hype... conspiracy bull crap.

Wanna know why ? ? ?

The American dollar is the most prized form of currency... WORLDWIDE.

Accepted worldwide in every country above all other currencies and considered equal or better than their own.

So...

Its just BS... believe that.
    I don't disagree, but "never" is too strong of a sentiment. Failure of the usd will not occur in our lifetime unless something really bizarre happens. I would say it is nearly impossible. However . . .

The dollar has only been free wheeling for 50 years - not long in the scheme of things. Before 1971 (or, 1976 - take your pick), the dollar was related to gold.

All previous world power fiats have failed. The USD dollar will fail too. Hopefully it is multiple generations from now.

Charter Member
    us
    ARC

Aug 2014
    Bahia Del Espiritu Santo - "Bay of the Holy Spirit”
    JW 8X V.2 - ML X2 - VP 580
    81353 times
    Yeah man... people like cash... its going nowhere... especially if people buck that thought.

The only problem that could ever "do cash in"... is the desire by "higher ups" to "track" peoples money in everyway they can... in other words... Electronic money cards companies are the ONLY REAL threat to cash money.

I don't know about you but I have always liked what I can see and hold... everything else is just digits on a screen and really give me NO sense of real control... but we all use... and will use banks to hold SOME of your money.

This might stem in me from when I read about the great depression (for I wasn't even born ... nor my mother) where people went to the banks to get enough money to "get by" and there was none to be had and the banks were all closed.

In other words... I trust cash money in my hand more than I trust a bank when it comes right down to it.... I don't like the fact I am "naked" / "vulnerable" if for some damn reason or another concerning some entity.

Spreading your money... Metals... Cash... Stock... Bank... etc etc.

Never place all of your chips on one square is now the normal M.O in America... not to mention that its is looked at by all gamblers as ... "A bad bet".

With that said... no way cash is going anywhere... people will always want it as the "standard" too badly.

Besides... life must go on even in power outages... wilderness... hand to hand trade... internet "dead zones"... etc etc ect... all of which cards are useless then.

So... cash will remain King... And the "form of safety net".... and as well should be.

It is a right of a human to survive by trade... no matter it is.

Ill trade a fish for a chicken if need be to eat something other than fish if that's all I have.

So... ... Chickens and fish aren't going anywhere soon either...
    DETECT WITH RESPECT - Have permission... Fill holes... Dispose of trash. - The Random Chat Thread -http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ev...en-24-7-a.html

mts
    us
    May 2009
    Ohio
    Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
    186 times
    Quote Originally Posted by LooseChange View Post

All previous world power fiats have failed.
    This is simply not true. As long as we have fiats that are still in use then you can't say all have failed. But here is a 100% true statement that you can feel free to use if you want...

ALL attempts to use a gold or silver standard to back a currency have failed. There is no arguing that point.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
    21144 times
    Digging in the dirt & scooping in the water!
    I've been sitting on silver since the Hunt Brothers days. It will be a long time to go yet to hit my cost. So, I quit worrying about that years ago.

It'll go to my kids....
    AARC, T.C., PetesPockets55 and 1 others like this.
    Republic of Vietnam 10/69 - 3/71, Cambodia April 27, 1970 on a mountain top with HUGE scorpions

"'He jests at scars who never felt a wound'" c.s.lewis - 1940

The Ten Commandments: http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-comma.../#.UdAz65yynZg

The Bill of Rights: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/fou...ill-of-rights/

The Constitution: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

Jun 2012
    Oklahoma
    Equinox 800, Ace 250
    417 times
    The American dollar will never hurt... don't believe the hype... conspiracy bull crap.

Wanna know why ? ? ?

The American dollar is the most prized form of currency... WORLDWIDE.

Accepted worldwide in every country above all other currencies and considered equal or better than their own.

So...

Its just BS... believe that.
    My reply is relatively simple. You stated the "American dollar will never hurt" and then referenced how its the world currency. Has the American dollar 'always' been the world currency? Of course not....and someday that will be true again. I don't agree with any conspiracy theories regarding the eminent fall of the US dollar...but it will happen at some point.

Here's my theory...I believe trust is a huge issue in the US today and will continue. Eventually everyday people will start to understand and become comfortable with digital currency and my belief is that digital currency will eventually replace as the world currency. That said, I'm not loading up because I have no idea which digital currency(s) will make it.
    AARC, T.C., Swaveab and 1 others like this.

Charter Member
    us
    ARC

Aug 2014
    Bahia Del Espiritu Santo - "Bay of the Holy Spirit”
    JW 8X V.2 - ML X2 - VP 580
    81353 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Owassokie View Post
    My reply is relatively simple. You stated the "American dollar will never hurt" and then referenced how its the world currency. Has the American dollar 'always' been the world currency? Of course not....and someday that will be true again. I don't agree with any conspiracy theories regarding the eminent fall of the US dollar...but it will happen at some point.

Here's my theory...I believe trust is a huge issue in the US today and will continue. Eventually everyday people will start to understand and become comfortable with digital currency and my belief is that digital currency will eventually replace as the world currency. That said, I'm not loading up because I have no idea which digital currency(s) will make it.
    Your forgetting one very real detail...the one main drawback... for there is always one with everything... the fact that electronic theft and fraud is rampant and on the rise.

The simple fact that its a lot harder to steal money in a pocket than theft by electronic means from a safer distance... and this is and will become more and more appealing to thieves.

This alone will keep the dollar in check.
    T.C., Clad2Silver and Owassokie like this.
    DETECT WITH RESPECT - Have permission... Fill holes... Dispose of trash. - The Random Chat Thread -http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ev...en-24-7-a.html

ca
    Feb 2009
    Deus, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
    44572 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomUIC View Post
    The stimulus has nothing to do with it. The GameStop instigators are now going after silver because there is more paper than physical and a ton of shorts right now.
    Nope they said the run up on silver has nothing to do with it. They're holding on the 8 main stocks as GameStop, Blackberry, AMC.

The regulators also said that they will be making sure companies meet disclosure requirements for anything material that might affect their stock prices.

Toronto-listed shares of BlackBerry closed up 4.7 per cent on Monday, but are still down nearly 18 per cent over the past five days after whipsawing last week. The stock has been popular on Reddit forum BayStreetBets, the Canadian counterpart to U.S. viral phenomenon WallStreetBets.
    In the U.S., shares of GameStop dipped below $100 a share. At one point last week they were trading at almost $500, after a WallStreetBets campaign to buy up the shares and punish short sellers in the process.
    GameStop shares were down 30 per cent on Monday, and another 50 per cent on Tuesday in early trading. Bloomberg reported Tuesday that the short selling interest was down to about 50 per cent of the company's shares.
    At the peak last week, the short interest in GameStop topped 140 per cent, so the reduction implies short sellers are exiting their trades and loosening the so-called short squeeze.
    GameStop is now trading under a $100
    AARC and PetesPockets55 like this.
    "If it was easy-It would have already been done-Life 101."
    “I treat the outside world as one raw very warm wet chicken that has sitting out too long. wash and sterilize everything me touches.” — pepperj

ca
    Feb 2009
    Deus, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
    44572 times
    Relic Hunting
    AARC likes this.
    "If it was easy-It would have already been done-Life 101."
    “I treat the outside world as one raw very warm wet chicken that has sitting out too long. wash and sterilize everything me touches.” — pepperj

Sep 2012
    557 times
    All previous world power fiats have failed.
    Quote Originally Posted by mts View Post
    This is simply not true. As long as we have fiats that are still in use then you can't say all have failed. . .
    That is the point though. All previous world power fiats have failed. still in use fiats are not previous fiats.

Babylonian to Roman world powers have used fiat currency. Those fiats have failed.

us
    Jul 2015
    Southwest PA
    Safari
    613 times
    Coins and valuable metals
    There was a time when the dollar was first looked up to as well as American industrial might back in the early 20th century and then the crash happened. Sure some safeguards are in place, but it is not any guarantee. Just remember the dollar is nothing more than a fancy piece of cloth with special ink on it and we might be spending some other type of money in the future be it just transferred numbers or round pieces of quartz. Who knows? I've certainly little confidence in our government with the leaders in power now.

mts
    us
    May 2009
    Ohio
    Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
    186 times
    That is the point though. All previous world power fiats have failed. still in use fiats are not previous fiats.

Babylonian to Roman world powers have used fiat currency. Those fiats have failed.
    That makes no sense. That's like saying "all failed fiat currencies have failed". If a "previous" currency is synonymous with a "failed" currency, then I'm not sure what your point is. Your statement still doesn't mean that current fiat currencies will fail. But you are certainly trying to imply that with your statement.

No offense but this is just one of my pet peeves. That and: "the inflation adjusted price of silver since 1980 is...". Wonder why they always choose 1980 and not 1979, 1983, 1967, or ANY other year besides 1980? Why? Because the inflation adjusted price of just about any other year besides 1980 is less than $30. And for most years it is less than $20.

I also see that you completely skipped over my comment about: "ALL attempts to use a gold or silver standard to back a currency have failed. There is no arguing that point."
    Last edited by mts; Feb 02, 2021 at 03:16 PM.
    alan m likes this.

us
    Jul 2015
    Southwest PA
    Safari
    613 times
    Coins and valuable metals
    That makes no sense. That's like saying "all failed fiat currencies have failed". If a "previous" currency is synonymous with a "failed" currency, then I'm not sure what your point is. Your statement still doesn't mean that current fiat currencies will fail. But you are certainly trying to imply that with your statement.

No offense but this is just one of my pet peeves. That and: "the inflation adjusted price of silver since 1980 is...". Wonder why they always choose 1980 and not 1979, 1983, 1967, or ANY other year besides 1980? Why? Because the inflation adjusted price of just about any other year besides 1980 is less than $30. And for most years it is less than $20.

I also see that you completely skipped over my comment about: "ALL attempts to use a gold or silver standard to back a currency have failed. There is no arguing that point."
    There is a saying that doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity. To expect the dollar to be divine and rock solid in spite of all previous currencies resulting in failure is at best wishful thinking.
    Tommybuckets likes this.

Sep 2012
    557 times

No offense but this is just one of my pet peeves. That and: "the inflation adjusted price of silver since 1980 is...". Wonder why they always choose 1980 and not 1979, 1983, 1967, or ANY other year besides 1980?

And I see that you completely skipped over my comment about: "ALL attempts to use a gold or silver standard to back a currency have failed. There is no arguing that point."
    It is not a nonsense point. Nor is it intended to be argumentative. Sorry that you've taken it that way.

The usd dollar will fail. The British pound will fail. The Peso will fail (again). The Yen will fail. The Euro will fail. All in-use fiats will fail - just like all previous ones have.

I agree that all attempts of commodity backed money (such as gold or silver backed) have failed. That is an insightful point. I didn't intend to belittle it by omission as there is no contradiction.

Jun 2012
    Oklahoma
    Equinox 800, Ace 250
    417 times
    Your forgetting one very real detail...the one main drawback... for there is always one with everything... the fact that electronic theft and fraud is rampant and on the rise.

The simple fact that its a lot harder to steal money in a pocket than theft by electronic means from a safer distance... and this is and will become more and more appealing to thieves.

This alone will keep the dollar in check.
    I agree that theft is an issue but I disagree with your assessment. You state "theft is rampant and on the rise" which may technically be true but it doesn't really account for the explosion of opportunity for digital theft and poor decisions being made by us "Olds" that don't put the appropriate controls in place. But this is also an issue that will become LESS problematic over time...not more. Ironically, AI and the advances in technology (blockchain) will make electronic theft more difficult and less of an issue. Again....this all really comes down to trust. I'm betting people will reach a point where they trust crypto currency more than cash. Honestly, I don't think it's even a real race...just a matter of time. People already trust in electronic exchange of money...few actually use cash. They just don't understand crypto currency.

us
    Jul 2011
    Gold canyon AZ
    3312 times
    Cache Hunting

The failure of those FIAT currencies must have something to do with the demise of those kingdoms since they are intimately linked.
    To call out a failed currency without looking at the political, social and economic factors which existed prior to that failure, is a naive way of looking at things.
    mts likes this.
    When you can’t find what your looking for, your looking in the wrong place. Time for another drink

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links