A pleasant diversion!

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I've suspended Uber service for eleven months now because of the pandemic and I've begun delivering for another service. This week, I had a rather long trip for Home Depot, with two stops. After the first dropoff, the buyer of the second delivery called me. "Home Depot is sending the wrong product to the wrong address!" The difference in address is like the difference between the Moon and Mars (both are places in Western PA, by the way). We worked out a plan whereby I would deliver the product where the customer wanted it; Home Depot's position was "Once it's out for delivery there's nothing we can do." Sounds like maybe someone there once worked in government. I did the dropoff, then got another delivery about 12 miles away. I knew of a bank enroute, which is convenient, so I stopped and asked for halves. They were giddy to get rid of all $220 and I was giddy to see "silver" written on several rolls. I hit the jackpot! Many rolls were solid silver, including one that has been intact since 1965! another labeled "older silver" was a mix of Walkers and Bens. All told, just over six solid rolls out of 22. Most of it 40%, but $17 in 90. Not a bad result for a trip diversion!

Attachments

• fed.jpg
    fed.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 101
  • oldies.jpg
    oldies.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 95
  • stacks.jpg
    stacks.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 99
Upvote 0

Oquario79

Sep 5, 2015
NC/SC Border
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is an amazing find.. I haven't hunted since March of last year.... After reading your post then what better time to start but now.. Congrats and happy hunting..

khestee

Sep 15, 2016
Sandhills of NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro & GTAX 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crazy good luck. My bank never has any on hand, and have never had any from customer deposits when I ask.

Rosco53

Mar 17, 2018
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV (hobby lobby 40% off ;-) )
Primary Interest:
Other
Jealous, I've only been able to do halves once...

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So jealous, nice score!!! Was the roll from '65 bu? A mix of dates?

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
FANTASTIC catch, right place at the right time. Good to see somebody is finding a SOLID ROLL. However, it's been a loooong loooong time since anyone reported a DREAM BOX, a thing of the past for sure.
But, don't let your new boss hear about your side trip.

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
FANTASTIC catch, right place at the right time. Good to see somebody is finding a SOLID ROLL. However, it's been a loooong loooong time since anyone reported a DREAM BOX, a thing of the past for sure.
But, don't let your new boss hear about your side trip.

My new boss is Roadie; the whole system is based on "You're going that way anyway." If I have to stop for a potty break, I do. If I have to stop at a bank...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread