Anybody still collecting 2009 coins.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I kept two new BU rolls of each penny in 2009. My son was born in 2009 though, so that's the main reason why. the numbers are too high and too many people were saving them to every make them truly worth saving, IMHO. Oh, and I collected as many dimes and nickels as I could though. Still don't think they will be collectibles, but they seemed much harder to come by. Same with quarters.

Ranger Chuck

Apr 6, 2018
Central PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still keep the nice looking nickels and dimes. They seem few and far between compared to other modern years. I think they will have some value someday, just not anytime soon.

CJ9

Dec 15, 2018
NYC area
Primary Interest:
Other
I have about 10 MWR rolls of 2009P dimes that I had gotten back then. I haven't done anything with them - they are just sitting in a box. BTW, I never found any 2009 nickels back then, and since then I have come across very few (although I am not looking for them).

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
I have a box or two tucked away. I don't think they will ever be worth what they were that first year. I made some serious money for a few months selling sealed boxes on ebay but after that they followed the usual downward trajectory. They will be like the 50-d of nickels, almost aways found in great condition since everyone saved them by the roll. Still worth a few bucks but not worth the extra time. Save a few rolls and let the rest go! After I get vaccinated and start CRH'ing again I'll likely open them up and look for errors then dump them in the nearest free coin machine.

MaineJim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread