A few Ive found: W, 42 P, and more
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree14Likes
  • 5 Post By RustyRelics
  • 3 Post By 1235CE
  • 1 Post By eyemustdigtreasure
  • 1 Post By RustyRelics
  • 2 Post By Noah_D
  • 1 Post By RustyRelics
  • 1 Post By Noah_D

Thread: A few Ive found: W, 42 P, and more

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Ethan

Apr 2019
    North Eastern Kentucky
    My dads Whites MXT
    30541 times
    Relic Hunting

A few I've found: W, '42 P, and more

I just got into roll hunting, and I've had some moderate success. I found some of these a few years ago when I dabbled in it, but now the W quarters and a Youtuber got me back into it. Nothing much, but I like them anyway.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0023.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	599.6 KB 
ID:	1906248

My first W quarter (first one I didn't lose, someone stole a Weir Farm quarter I had along with a DD Denali quarter), this one being the Samoa Bat coin. Is it me, or was it just really stupid to have a 2020 BAT quarter of all things?

Name:	DSC_0002.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	616.6 KB 
ID:	1906249

The In God We Rust Worn Die quarter. I thought this was pretty neat.

Name:	DSC_0009.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	731.6 KB 
ID:	1906250

A 1942 P war nickel. I also have 1941 nickel, but no one cares about that.

Name:	DSC_0013.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	751.6 KB 
ID:	1906251

Go ahead, laugh. I still like 40% silver.

Name:	DSC_0012.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	708.9 KB 
ID:	1906252

Though not spectacular, it is an off center strike, so I kept it.

I'm actually going to try and sell some of these plus some Morgans (one is really nice), but ebay is shutting down coin sales this year. I think tomorrow actually. I officially gave up ebay as of today. They don't need my money.
    "The Army of Northern Virginia was never defeated. It merely wore itself out whipping the enemy." - Jubal Early

"We'll fight them, sir, till hell freezes over, and then, sir, we'll fight them on ice" - Unknown Confederate soldier

“I am often asked “Why do Southerners still care about the Civil War?”… Because it is unique in the American experience. Defeat was total, surrender unconditional and the land still occupied.”
    ― Tim Heaton

us
    May 2006
    The Beautiful Berkshires in Western Mass.
    White's DFX
    178 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    The above is not accurate.

Confusion over whether eBay was eliminating sales of coins and other numismatic items for sale at its online selling platform is cleared up by company officials.

Steve Halupka, eBay’s manager for emerging verticals, which includes bullion, coins, sports memorabilia and stamps, released the following statement after Coin World inquired about collector confusion and misinformation found in online discussions on collector forums. The concern and rumors derived from ongoing changes to managed payment systems at eBay.

The official statement said, “eBay will continue to allow sales of coins, paper money and bullion now and in the future.”
    Further, “eBay sellers that frequently list in coins, paper money and bullion will not be required to register for managed payments until these categories are compatible. Until then, there is no action required and sellers can continue to sell on eBay as they do today.”

us
    Mar 2013
    California
    Fisher Gold Bug Pro Tesoro Cibola Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones Nokta Macro SIMPLEX
    4171 times
    Metal Detecting
    Our involvement in WWll, had a lot to do with the metal compositions of the coinage of nickels.
    They had 56% copper; 35% SILVER, and 9% manganese....So, you see how these
    guys are worth more...?
    RustyRelics likes this.
    Stick With It - It's not *IF* you'll find the good stuff , but WHEN!

Charter Member
    us
    Ethan

Apr 2019
    North Eastern Kentucky
    My dads Whites MXT
    30541 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by 1235CE View Post

Confusion over whether eBay was eliminating sales of coins and other numismatic items for sale at its online selling platform is cleared up by company officials.

Steve Halupka, eBay’s manager for emerging verticals, which includes bullion, coins, sports memorabilia and stamps, released the following statement after Coin World inquired about collector confusion and misinformation found in online discussions on collector forums. The concern and rumors derived from ongoing changes to managed payment systems at eBay.

The official statement said, “eBay will continue to allow sales of coins, paper money and bullion now and in the future.”
    Further, “eBay sellers that frequently list in coins, paper money and bullion will not be required to register for managed payments until these categories are compatible. Until then, there is no action required and sellers can continue to sell on eBay as they do today.”
    I know rumors were spreading like wildfire on the internet about it, so this is good news.
    1235CE likes this.
    "The Army of Northern Virginia was never defeated. It merely wore itself out whipping the enemy." - Jubal Early

"We'll fight them, sir, till hell freezes over, and then, sir, we'll fight them on ice" - Unknown Confederate soldier

“I am often asked “Why do Southerners still care about the Civil War?”… Because it is unique in the American experience. Defeat was total, surrender unconditional and the land still occupied.”
    ― Tim Heaton

us
    Dec 2017
    NE Ohio
    Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
    3336 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Nice finds Rusty!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1235CE View Post

That is relieving! I was just about to sell some silver!
    RustyRelics and 1235CE like this.
    "God does not give us everything we want, but he does fulfill his promises,
    leading us along the best and straightest paths to himself" -Dietrich Bonhoeffer

2021 Goals:
    Spanish Silver (0/1)
    Seated (0/1)
    NA points n things (0/2)
    Silver Coins & Relics Total (1/15)
    Coppers (5/15)
    332 hours of hunting (24/332)

Charter Member
    us
    Ethan

Apr 2019
    North Eastern Kentucky
    My dads Whites MXT
    30541 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Noah_D View Post
    Nice finds Rusty!

That is relieving! I was just about to sell some silver!
    What is your ebay store?
    Noah_D likes this.

― Tim Heaton

us
    Dec 2017
    NE Ohio
    Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
    3336 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyRelics View Post
    What is your ebay store?
    I don't have a 'store' per se, I just occasionally buy and sell random stuff... especially vintage matchbooks! It's a rather obscure field of collectables but it's a lot of fun.
    Last edited by Noah_D; Mar 02, 2021 at 01:47 PM.
    RustyRelics likes this.
    "God does not give us everything we want, but he does fulfill his promises,
    leading us along the best and straightest paths to himself" -Dietrich Bonhoeffer

2021 Goals:
    Spanish Silver (0/1)
    Seated (0/1)
    NA points n things (0/2)
    Silver Coins & Relics Total (1/15)
    Coppers (5/15)
    332 hours of hunting (24/332)

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links