RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just got into roll hunting, and I've had some moderate success. I found some of these a few years ago when I dabbled in it, but now the W quarters and a Youtuber got me back into it. Nothing much, but I like them anyway.

DSC_0023.jpg

My first W quarter (first one I didn't lose, someone stole a Weir Farm quarter I had along with a DD Denali quarter), this one being the Samoa Bat coin. Is it me, or was it just really stupid to have a 2020 BAT quarter of all things?

DSC_0002.jpg

The In God We Rust Worn Die quarter. I thought this was pretty neat.

DSC_0009.jpg

A 1942 P war nickel. I also have 1941 nickel, but no one cares about that. :D

DSC_0013.jpg

Go ahead, laugh. I still like 40% silver.

DSC_0012.jpg

Though not spectacular, it is an off center strike, so I kept it.

I'm actually going to try and sell some of these plus some Morgans (one is really nice), but ebay is shutting down coin sales this year. I think tomorrow actually. I officially gave up ebay as of today. They don't need my money.

Upvote 0

1235CE

May 23, 2006
The Beautiful Berkshires in Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
The above is not accurate.

Confusion over whether eBay was eliminating sales of coins and other numismatic items for sale at its online selling platform is cleared up by company officials.

Steve Halupka, eBay’s manager for emerging verticals, which includes bullion, coins, sports memorabilia and stamps, released the following statement after Coin World inquired about collector confusion and misinformation found in online discussions on collector forums. The concern and rumors derived from ongoing changes to managed payment systems at eBay.

The official statement said, “eBay will continue to allow sales of coins, paper money and bullion now and in the future.”
Further, “eBay sellers that frequently list in coins, paper money and bullion will not be required to register for managed payments until these categories are compatible. Until then, there is no action required and sellers can continue to sell on eBay as they do today.”

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Our involvement in WWll, had a lot to do with the metal compositions of the coinage of nickels.
They had 56% copper; 35% SILVER, and 9% manganese....So, you see how these
guys are worth more...?

OP
OP
RustyRelics

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Confusion over whether eBay was eliminating sales of coins and other numismatic items for sale at its online selling platform is cleared up by company officials.

Steve Halupka, eBay’s manager for emerging verticals, which includes bullion, coins, sports memorabilia and stamps, released the following statement after Coin World inquired about collector confusion and misinformation found in online discussions on collector forums. The concern and rumors derived from ongoing changes to managed payment systems at eBay.

The official statement said, “eBay will continue to allow sales of coins, paper money and bullion now and in the future.”
Further, “eBay sellers that frequently list in coins, paper money and bullion will not be required to register for managed payments until these categories are compatible. Until then, there is no action required and sellers can continue to sell on eBay as they do today.”

I know rumors were spreading like wildfire on the internet about it, so this is good news.

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds Rusty!

That is relieving! I was just about to sell some silver!

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What is your ebay store?
I don't have a 'store' per se, I just occasionally buy and sell random stuff... especially vintage matchbooks! It's a rather obscure field of collectables but it's a lot of fun.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread