Spoke too soon

Rosco53

Mar 17, 2018
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV (hobby lobby 40% off ;-) )
Primary Interest:
Other
Well...crap. I'm not back. Was more or less politely asked not to do coin anymore (covid/coin shortage/staffing/blah blah blah). With the new covid restrictions and whatnot at my CU, they really don't want me coming in with bags of coin and taking up a teller's time essentially. Can't say I really blame them, was nice of them to indulge me as long as they did. Sadly, that was the only bank in the area that allowed coins too, so... Guess I'll need a new hobby. Unless I go to the occasional roll, but seeing how I could do a bag in under an hour, that won't really occupy my time nor mind as I want... Was fun while it lasted at least, and I'll keep searching through my change. Least I got one last Silver Quarter though in my final bag. Nice little send off. Happy Hunting everyone else, will have to live vicariously through you all for a bit i guess...

Upvote 0

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like an over reaction on their part. Are they watching the news? Cases are dropping like a stone. COVID may be a thing of the past by summer. I would ask them to notify you if their policy changes. Don't give up hope Rosco.

Johnny5

Feb 19, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelabs CTX 3030, Excalibur and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might want to take up metal detecting.

OP
OP
R

Rosco53

Mar 17, 2018
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
You might want to take up metal detecting.

I've dabbled a little, but not many places around here. Not to mention, I got into rock hounding a little over quarantine so when it's nice I'll be doing that probably. Need a cold weather hobby beyond Lego and reading...

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Rosco, see if you can get into making jewelry from all those reject junk silvers, SLQs, Buff no dates, etc. I have plenty of those.

Feb 21, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've dabbled a little, but not many places around here. Not to mention, I got into rock hounding a little over quarantine so when it's nice I'll be doing that probably. Need a cold weather hobby beyond Lego and reading...

Rock Houndings a great one and probably is what turned me on to the rest of Treasure Hunting.
Any good rocks in WI?

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
It’s crazy around here. My CU has shut down lobby for about a year now, my other CU a mile away is open.

I started back into AM radio after 40 years and having fun building antennas and talking license-free from my living room. Trying to see how far I can get out on 4 watts, so far about 12 miles. I listen to ham on a scanner, haven’t decided yet if I want to dive into that. I just spent $300+ on the AM equipment so that’d be more $ for another radio. Good winter hobby but things are beginning to warm up and I’ll be dirtfishing by next week.

OP
OP
R

Rosco53

Mar 17, 2018
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Rock Houndings a great one and probably is what turned me on to the rest of Treasure Hunting.
Any good rocks in WI?

Well...rockhounding may be a bit of a stretch. I'm still at the "ooh, that looks neat" stage and haven't gotten into knowing what each stone is or anything like that yet. I'm about 2 hrs south of Lake Superior, so bombed up there a few times last year, found a couple small agates, LOTs of fossil corals (my fav), and even some of the fluorescent syenite/sodalite stones as well. Basically started as a poor substitution for a trip to Maryland for Shark teeth, but still fun. Love being able to unplug for a day and find neat stuff. May go a bit further north into the UP. Trying to find stuff closer by, but seems to me the fossils are the biggest draw for me so far.

OP
OP
R

Rosco53

Mar 17, 2018
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
It’s crazy around here. My CU has shut down lobby for about a year now, my other CU a mile away is open.

I started back into AM radio after 40 years and having fun building antennas and talking license-free from my living room. Trying to see how far I can get out on 4 watts, so far about 12 miles. I listen to ham on a scanner, haven’t decided yet if I want to dive into that. I just spent $300+ on the AM equipment so that’d be more $ for another radio. Good winter hobby but things are beginning to warm up and I’ll be dirtfishing by next week.

Yeah, mine was closed for almost a year, and now this. Again, can't really blame them, I can see how its a pain for them, happy they indulged me while they did. I got into reading and lego during quarantine, but want something more for winter. Its been about 7 months since I got outta the house to do anything fun, rather stir crazy...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread