Nice CWR Score!

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up $400 in CWR of halves + $24 in loose Ikes today.

Was skunked on the Ikes, but the halves gave up a nice stack of silver! There were a few rolls with multiple silvers!

On top of the silver, two rolls each had a Susan B. dollar coin in place of a half similar to rolls I had found previously at another bank.

Total take from the $400 in CWR of halves was 37 keepers, 13 90%ers and 24 40%ers:

1961D Ben
1964 x 12
1966 x 3
1967 x 9
1968D x 7
1969D x 5

one.jpg

two.jpg

three.jpg

four.jpg

five.jpg

8-) 8-) 8-)

Upvote 0

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
See, that silver is still hiding out there, just have to go hunting for it. Glad you found it.

blueberra

Oct 15, 2009
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fantastic score -- that's a treasure trove of CWRs. The next legit (not a rerolled castoff from a CRHer) will be my first (just a few odd teller loose coins).

Do you regularly find CWRs or was this just a lucky one-off?

OP
OP
TheMastermind

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic score -- that's a treasure trove of CWRs. The next legit (not a rerolled castoff from a CRHer) will be my first (just a few odd teller loose coins).

Do you regularly find CWRs or was this just a lucky one-off?

I am able to find CWR of halves quite regularly, but more often than not they are someone else's re-rolled dumps. I'd guess for every ten times I pick up CWR of halves, eight are re-rolled dumps. But the chance is always there that it'll be a big score.

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I am able to find CWR of halves quite regularly, but more often than not they are someone else's re-rolled dumps. I'd guess for every ten times I pick up CWR of halves, eight are re-rolled dumps. But the chance is always there that it'll be a big score.

Right you are!

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
guess they got missed by the new graduates from sniper academy--- a CU minion told me he took a pile of silver from a customer and hauled it to my LCS & walked out with $1100----now I know why the teller trays are suddenly barren :BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions