Just imagine this.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Not much different than it is now I suspect. Silver quarters would still be pretty much nonexistent, as they would get picked up circulation extremely quickly. Probably be more silver dimes, as for many people even if they knew about it they wouldn’t consider it worth her time. Overall, I don’t think it would have made a huge impact had it occurred.

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not much different than it is now I suspect. Silver quarters would still be pretty much nonexistent, as they would get picked up circulation extremely quickly. Probably be more silver dimes, as for many people even if they knew about it they wouldn’t consider it worth her time. Overall, I don’t think it would have made a huge impact had it occurred.

I agree not much different. In my opinion, the main reason 40% halves still "circulate" in the numbers they do is because they really don't circulate much. Quarters and dimes on the other hand get exchanged frequently and the more hands coins touch, the more likely they are to be pulled especially if they have value and are easily identifiable.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Get rich quick scheme? I just read that the ROI on silver since 1974 is close to zero percent. But I agree with Gman, few in number because of circulation.

Oops! Unless you get your silver for free, of course.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions