Bank help?

Jon Stewart

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2011
I just started this penny looking for something to do. My wife died of cancer and I have to keep my mind busy so I have been picking up pennies to go thru. One bank employee told me to ask for recycled coin rolls when asking for pennies so today I go to the bank I always go to and asked for a box of recycled pennies. The young girl goes to another employee and told her what I wanted and I heard her say next to the cabinet in the break room. I thought that was odd. The young teller came out with a bag of returnable empty pop cans and bottles and tried to hand them to me.

Believe me, that made my day. I left the empty pop cans and did get my box of pennies.

I really don't think I dress like a beggar but at 72 maybe they think I do, lol.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
I think the teller meant to ask for customer rolled pennies as they might be more likeley to hold goodies. Keep the sunny side up, Jon, and good luck to ya.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"recycled coin rolls" I have never heard that phrase before. Just ask for rolls that other customers may have brought in. If they pull out a box full take the oldest most faded ones. Bet you can't guess why.

OP
OP
J

Jon Stewart

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2011
I did that and the teller told another teller that I wanted recycled pennies. So that is where I picked that phrase up. I have picked up a pint jar of wheat pennies over the last month or so.

Last edited:

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I would ask for CUSTOMER WRAPPED ROLLS next time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread