Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Now that I have had the second vaccine the family is letting me go into banks and dump coins in the counters. So I ordered two boxes of halves, no enders but 1 1986 proof, will go through them the next couple days.

When I picked up the boxes today I had the teller check the coin counter as I always buy their bag of halves when it fills. It is at $948 so only $52 to fill it and then I can buy it. Will do that tomorrow

I asked if it is a CRHer dumping and they said no it was a lot of people mostly cleaning out houses - I hope since we are in the area where there are many houses from the 1700's that it if filled with Bust half dollars!!! yeah right!

Upvote 0

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome back Ben. I wish my bank went back to selling me their bags. Other than a big CRH dumper, your chances are the best when many people are using the machine.

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
second box not a skunk, one lone 1968D

picked up the bag and haven't opened it yet but looking through the plastic I can see a 1968D but doesn't look like a good dump.

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Bag did pretty good, not great but not bad. 13 40% and 2 90%

HopkXzyh.jpg

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm also getting back to it after a 13 month hiatus from CRH now that I also have received my second shot. It felt great to go into my bank lobbies today for the first time since March of 2020. And I should be getting boxes again starting next week. Looking forward to going through them at night with the Red Sox on TV (have to subscribe to mlb.com to watch games here).

Enjoyed your recent postings!

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, my happiness about getting boxes next week was short-lived at about 24 hours. I got a call from the head teller this afternoon to tell me they were exposed to covid-19 and the branch would be closed for the next two weeks. On and on this pandemic goes...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread