I got a memo from another bank about a coin roll scam

coincollector101

May 8, 2007
Some African American man when into a bank with a bunch of rolled coins.
Quarters threw pennies.

The Pennies and nickels were fed Wrapped the dimes and quarters were hand wrapped.
The Quarter and dime rolls just had a quarter and dimes on the end and the rest were Slugs.

He was in a dress shirt and tie with bluejeans on.

I thought everyone would to hear about it.

Happy hunting,
CC

Upvote 0

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Our bank has started requesting people use clear wrappers for rolled coins. I don't even know where to get clear wrappers?????

Mercury dude

Mar 8, 2007
Ceres
Detector(s) used
Stold by my x bounty hunter IV & Fast tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you don't wan to know, or you could ask other people on list, but you might get the same answer too. I WOULD NOT GO THERE.

ddd

mastereagle22 said:
Who is Patrick Earl?

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Ok so let me rephrase, was this comment directed at the above mentioned person or me? Cause I really didn't know they made clear coin wrappers and still don't know where to get any. ???

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mastereagle22 said:
Cause I really didn't know they made clear coin wrappers and still don't know where to get any. ???
As far as I know they do not make clear wrappers for the general public. That bank does not know diddly about coin rolls. It would have to be a very large machine to count and shrinkwrap coins in a clear wrapper.

If that bank wants clear wrappers let them furnish and roll them too.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Well I don't coin roll hunt so it isn't a big deal to me but when I went to turn in found clad, yes it was clean, they told me they only accepted coins in clear wrappers. I thought that the only place I saw coins like this was from a bank. Thank you for confirming for me that I am not nuts.

I took it to the only person working for the bank that has been there longer than a year and she just had me write my name and phone number on the rolls of coins.

Oh well. . .

Good luck to you CRHers!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Down here you can't even exchange coin for paper unless you have an account with the bank. Shoot, you can barely cash a check at a bank unless you have an account there.

Here is the real Patrick Earl Houston, well sort of ;D -http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,94161.0.html I noticed he deleted many of his early posts trying to cover his a$$. I thought he was gone from the forum but I guess he still lingers like a bad fart. Mods feel free to delete if you wish.
Sincerely,
Redneck cracker chalkie :) :) :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread